Need help understanding your bill?
ms_unicorn's profile

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

Friday, August 25th, 2017 3:46 PM

AT&T’s Response to Hurricane Harvey

Beginning on Aug. 26, 2017, we will issue credits and waive additional charges to provide unlimited data, voice and text for AT&T wireless customers and unlimited voice and text to AT&T PREPAID customers in impacted areas. Please refer to http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/hurricane_harvey for specific details.

AT&T has set up emergency response equipment in strategic locations, in both Texas and Louisiana, which includes satellite COLTs (Cell on Light Trucks), Emergency Communications Vehicles (ECVs) and charging stations.

We have also launched a Severe Weather 4-in-1 Mix channel on DIRECTV and a Severe Weather Channel on U-verse to provide dedicated coverage of Hurricane Harvey. To learn more about AT&T’s Severe Weather Mix Channels, please visit: http://about.att.com/newsroom/severe_weather_mix_channel.html

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Important Information for Friends & Family of Hurricane Harvey Victims: Robocall Insurance Scams

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

You posted "

Wouldn't that be sending out to everyone?

So that you don't miss anyone?"

In the affected areas, yes. As your billing is reportedly by zip code, you obviously have the information to narrow it down that way instead of by area code. Then, as time permits, winnow it down from there.

You also posted "The credit is based on your billing ZIP code, not based on area codes. With number portability people have those numbers living all over the united states. They wouldn't get a necessary alert. Plus, people have relocated to those areas and don't have those area codes."

Again, as you have the information coded by zip codes and already have that information, do it that way, as stated above.

You further posted "You're going to leave AT&T because they texting you to say your plan is running out of minutes? Seriously?"

The tone of the message was indicative of a faceless bureaucracy that neither respects nor values its customers.

You posted further "Those which have the "I'm the only customer in town" mindset tend make not much sense.* * Yes, that was supposed to sound discombobulated!"

The perfect answer of one who does not possess a customer service mentality.

You also posted "They are crediting customers who get overages in the (defined) affected areas. This should not be upsetting."

THAT part isn't- the tone of the message I received is what i found to be offensive. You are avoiding the issue.

Finally you posted "You do realize this is the community forum correct?"

And just what does that have to do with anything?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@glassmanwharton wrote:
Finally you posted "You do realize this is the community forum correct?"

And just what does that have to do with anything?

You're talking to other customers in the community.  It appears you think you are talking to AT&T.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

You posted "You're talking to other customers in the community. It appears you think you are talking to AT&T."

According to the website this forum is owned by AT&T & moderated by AT&T employees.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@glassmanwharton wrote:
You posted "You're talking to other customers in the community. It appears you think you are talking to AT&T."
According to the website this forum is owned by AT&T & moderated by AT&T employees.

Obviously they own it, it's the AT&T forums.

They also MODERATE it, that doesn't make it mean they participate in all conversations. 

A City park is owned by the city, it's moderated by the city (patrolled by the police) and cleaned up by the city but all the people hanging out there are not necessarily city employees.

And as such, the people you are talking to are NOT employees (employees are pretty clearly marked). 

So when you act like we're giving you some corporate double-talk, it's really just other customers giving you an opinion (someone you're chatting with at the park).

I understand that you don't necessarily agree with the opinion, but that's a different issue. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hey my name is Maurice  an I need help on my bill plz I went help with the flood an I lost all my money can u plz plz help me wit my bill this mouth plz God Bless y'all

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:
Not exactly helpful when you have unlimited data plan.

But you aren't going to go over. You still get to use as much as you want with no overages. Aren't you glad you do not have to worry about this? Instead you're complaining about not having overages?

A break on the bill would actually be productive.

They probably aren't going to do that any more than the people who don't go over their fixed limit plan are going to get a credit.  Sorry.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

I didn't lose my home, but we lost power and other services during 2 hurricanes 2 years in a row, in October 2011 (9 days) and in 2012 (5 days). Somehow we didn't complain, didn't watch TV and didn't go over our data allowance.  Mostly as we were too busy helping others, trying to stay warm, feed ourselves and see in the dark, clean up the mess and check on folks who did suffer home damage.  

Never occured to me I should be on the internet complaining about my lack of services.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Not watching TV or any of that other crap, as you've assumed. Internet & cell are the only comms we have.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

yeah,  totally missing the point....  in the midst of Harvey's mess, I would think you had other things to deal with.  Apparently not.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

I’m housing a flooded victim friend and elderly dad. My other bedroom did Not have a TV set up but I used to be so I had a jack in that room. I moved a Tv and a receiver genie small hooked it up. Tv flashed direct tv and yellow light on genie. I called customer service explained the situation and they said since it’s a different receiver from the one 2008 that was used back there it would cost 50 dollars to move a receiver then 50 dollars to move it back. I pleaded my case to a manager they would not waive the fee  after 14 years being loyal I was mad enough to change providers. But I’m a sports fan and NFL is starting so I’m stuck because no one else’s offers nfl. When something else I’m taking my business else where. So much for loyalty

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.