Need help understanding your bill?
ms_unicorn's profile

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

Friday, August 25th, 2017 3:46 PM

AT&T’s Response to Hurricane Harvey

Beginning on Aug. 26, 2017, we will issue credits and waive additional charges to provide unlimited data, voice and text for AT&T wireless customers and unlimited voice and text to AT&T PREPAID customers in impacted areas. Please refer to http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/hurricane_harvey for specific details.

AT&T has set up emergency response equipment in strategic locations, in both Texas and Louisiana, which includes satellite COLTs (Cell on Light Trucks), Emergency Communications Vehicles (ECVs) and charging stations.

We have also launched a Severe Weather 4-in-1 Mix channel on DIRECTV and a Severe Weather Channel on U-verse to provide dedicated coverage of Hurricane Harvey. To learn more about AT&T’s Severe Weather Mix Channels, please visit: http://about.att.com/newsroom/severe_weather_mix_channel.html

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Important Information for Friends & Family of Hurricane Harvey Victims: Robocall Insurance Scams

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Cdennen wrote:
AT&T so I just received a data announcement that I will be charge extra for overage soon. Sooooooo you are not going to give us a credit for the data used during the storm? How heartless. I promise as soon as businesses are up and running, I will be out changing my services! AT&T you have no integrity! Here we are going crazy on our phones, texting frantically with our loved ones during this hard time and all along you are taking advantage of your customers that are in distress. So sad that you are so money hungry that you cannot do the honorable thing in the middle of the worst natural disaster to ever hit our area.

AT&T has announced it will waive data, text, and voice overage charges for those in the areas affected. If that's you, you don't have anything to worry about. 

I'm sure the automated systems warning you about data used weren't turned off, because they still apply to most customers. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Overage? What does that mean? It says I have used 75% of my data? Of it is high because of extra data during the storm. So are you going to waive the data used during that time?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Cdennen wrote:
Overage? What does that mean? It says I have used 75% of my data? 

Overages are what happen when you go over your data.

When you hit 101% you'll be over your data for the month (unless you have rollover left).

Of it is high because of extra data during the storm. So are you going to waive the data used during that time?

Did you read the links provided?

• Are you in once of the areas mentioned in the linked article?
  • Where?
  • When is your data cycle (from what date to what date)?

If it's higher than usual DUE to use during that time, they'll figure out a way to credit you. I don't know how they do that calculation, but I do not recall any complainers AFTER the credits from the last big hurricane. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L The usage warnings include any rollover. In other words, if you get a 75% warning, it's for 75% of base plan plus any roll over. I actually used my rollover last month for only the second time but still never hit 100%. I only got the 75% warning, never even got to 90%.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

Hopefully everyone will be patient with Att. I think they are trying to do the right thing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We lost our internet two days ago and have not yet gotten in back. Will our service come back on automatically or is there something I need to do to reset it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

i read something about att not charging overage charges for people in bexar county. Is this true?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

What about internet service? I don't see anything about the repair status on that.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kats67 wrote:

What about internet service? I don't see anything about the repair status on that.

I haven't seen anything about that, but there are separate forums for other services. They might be posting about it over there.

This is the cellular forums.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.