For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ms_unicorn's profile

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

Friday, August 25th, 2017 3:46 PM

AT&T’s Response to Hurricane Harvey

Beginning on Aug. 26, 2017, we will issue credits and waive additional charges to provide unlimited data, voice and text for AT&T wireless customers and unlimited voice and text to AT&T PREPAID customers in impacted areas. Please refer to http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/hurricane_harvey for specific details.

AT&T has set up emergency response equipment in strategic locations, in both Texas and Louisiana, which includes satellite COLTs (Cell on Light Trucks), Emergency Communications Vehicles (ECVs) and charging stations.

We have also launched a Severe Weather 4-in-1 Mix channel on DIRECTV and a Severe Weather Channel on U-verse to provide dedicated coverage of Hurricane Harvey. To learn more about AT&T’s Severe Weather Mix Channels, please visit: http://about.att.com/newsroom/severe_weather_mix_channel.html

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Important Information for Friends & Family of Hurricane Harvey Victims: Robocall Insurance Scams

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Is AT&To doing anything for prepaid customers affected by Hurricane Harvey in Texas?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We are a Houston customer of AT&T high Speed Internet service.  Our service has been out for 3 days.  The roads are clear, the water has receded, power has been restored, out next door neighbor has functioning AT&T Uverse and has service, we do not.  When can we expect an update or notification?  For at least two days the status is unchanged - "A High-Speed Internet outage has been identified in your area. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve this as soon as possible."

We would like an update on service repair.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@RobeAirToe wrote:

We are a Houston customer of AT&T high Speed Internet service.  Our service has been out for 3 days.  The roads are clear, the water has receded, power has been restored, out next door neighbor has functioning AT&T Uverse and has service, we do not.  When can we expect an update or notification?  For at least two days the status is unchanged - "A High-Speed Internet outage has been identified in your area. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve this as soon as possible."

We would like an update on service repair.

I'm sure AT&T would love to be able to give you an answer. But just think about how much they will have to do. How many of their buildings were flooded? How many of their local techs are homeless now? It takes time to bring in techs from all over the country to assist with this monumental disaster. 

I totally get your frustration, but at the same time, compared to what is going on for thousands of your neighbors, not having internet makes you pretty well off. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T so I just received a data announcement that I will be charge extra for overage soon. Sooooooo you are not going to give us a credit for the data used during the storm? How heartless. I promise as soon as businesses are up and running, I will be out changing my services! AT&T you have no integrity! Here we are going crazy on our phones, texting frantically with our loved ones during this hard time and all along you are taking advantage of your customers that are in distress. So sad that you are so money hungry that you cannot do the honorable thing in the middle of the worst natural disaster to ever hit our area.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I sure hope they stick to their word, bcuz they haven't stuck to one promise from the day I switched from Verizon to AT&T. Biggest mistake I ever made. I sure hope they give u the credits. I'm stuck with a $1500 bill from Verizon that AT&T swore they wld pay and as far as Verizon is concerned we are still with them, they said they didn't even know we switched..... Explain that? God Bless and Good luck

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Cdennen wrote:
AT&T so I just received a data announcement that I will be charge extra for overage soon. Sooooooo you are not going to give us a credit for the data used during the storm? How heartless. I promise as soon as businesses are up and running, I will be out changing my services! AT&T you have no integrity! Here we are going crazy on our phones, texting frantically with our loved ones during this hard time and all along you are taking advantage of your customers that are in distress. So sad that you are so money hungry that you cannot do the honorable thing in the middle of the worst natural disaster to ever hit our area.

Did you not read the post you replied to?!?

"Beginning today, Aug. 26, 2017, and running through at least Sept. 1, 2017, we will issue credits to AT&T wireless customers in impacted areas for additional data, voice and text charges, and AT&T PREPAID for additional voice and text charges."

They should be applied later.

I can hope things are going okay for you. But the fact that you've got time to get on-line to create an account here to complain, I have to assume you're safe have power and have internet...

Here is an UPDATE:

http://about.att.com/story/waiving_overage_charges_for_customers_impacted_by_hurricane_harvey.html

It says "Credits will post in 2-3 billing cycles." and lists the current counties and dates (that AT&T keeps expanding).

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

It would help if you read the links provided...

IMG_6331.PNG

1 Attachment

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

7 years ago

Hey there, @Cdennen!

Per the AT&T press release linked above:

"Customers in these areas may still receive data alert notifications during these protected dates, but billing will reflect the correct data charges. Credits will post in 2-3 billing cycles."

For more details, click on the link in the original post above.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Mariana

Community Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.