Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T’s Response to Hurricane Harvey

Highlighted
Former Employee

AT&T’s Response to Hurricane Harvey

Beginning on Aug. 26, 2017, we will issue credits and waive additional charges to provide unlimited data, voice and text for AT&T wireless customers and unlimited voice and text to AT&T PREPAID customers in impacted areas. Please refer to http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/hurricane_harvey for specific details.

AT&T has set up emergency response equipment in strategic locations, in both Texas and Louisiana, which includes satellite COLTs (Cell on Light Trucks), Emergency Communications Vehicles (ECVs) and charging stations.

We have also launched a Severe Weather 4-in-1 Mix channel on DIRECTV and a Severe Weather Channel on U-verse to provide dedicated coverage of Hurricane Harvey. To learn more about AT&T’s Severe Weather Mix Channels, please visit: http://about.att.com/newsroom/severe_weather_mix_channel.html

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Important Information for Friends & Family of Hurricane Harvey Victims: Robocall Insurance Scams

Message 1 of 72
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ms_unicorn
‎08-25-2017 8:48 AM

Re: How is AT&T preparing for Hurricane Harvey?

For the very latest Hurricane Harvey Response and Live Updates, please visit: http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/hurricane_harvey

Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by Hurricane Harvey and our customers who have friends and family there.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 72
Contributor

Re: How is AT&T preparing for Hurricane Harry?

AT&T is late to the game once again.

All other major carriers announced free service to hurricane victims.

AT&T is silent on this matter. Glad to see AT&T is there to serve their customers in time of need.

Message 3 of 72
ACE - Sage

All carriers announced on friday the 25th.  Sounds on time to me.

http://onlinephones.net/carriers-waiving-fees-for-areas-affected-by-hurricane-harvey/

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/att-networks-prepared-for-hurricane-harvey-300509750.html

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 72
Contributor

I would like a notification when credits go out or how to apply to be listed as one of the people effected by hurricane Harvey
Message 5 of 72
ACE - Master

@MrIruegas11 wrote:
I would like a notification when credits go out or how to apply to be listed as one of the people effected by hurricane Harvey

No application is needed. Affected customers will be identified by their billing zip code. Credits will be on the same bill the additional charges are on. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 72
Contributor

Hurricane Harvey

Is there waived fee for customers impacted by hurricane Harvey??
Message 7 of 72
ACE - Master

Re: Hurricane Harvey

@Ulisorto wrote:
Is there waived fee for customers impacted by hurricane Harvey??

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/AT-amp-T-s-Response-to-Hurricane-Harvey/td-p/5245325

Message 8 of 72
Contributor

Hurricane harvey

Hello I am currently in the midst of the devastation of Harvey and was wondering is there any assistance available for my cellular bill to be covered??
Message 9 of 72
ACE - Expert

Re: Hurricane harvey

Message 10 of 72
Contributor

When will U-verse service be restored? No tv or internet for 2 days.
Message 11 of 72
Contributor

Hurricane Harvey Help

I haven't had power in the passed few days because of hurricane Harvey down here in Houston. And my wifi connection hasn't been available for my phone. Would I be able to get any assistance or charges waivered for the time period of the hurricane?
Message 12 of 72
ACE - Professor

Re: Hurricane Harvey Help

Message 13 of 72
Contributor

Hurricane Harvey

Currently going threw the devastation hurricane Harvey is causing in my city and was wondering can I delay my next bill cycle payment
Message 14 of 72
ACE - Master

Re: Hurricane Harvey Help

@G.Malveaux wrote:
I haven't had power in the passed few days because of hurricane Harvey down here in Houston. And my wifi connection hasn't been available for my phone. Would I be able to get any assistance or charges waivered for the time period of the hurricane?

Here's the text of the site @Fl_retire posted to save you the click: 

Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by Hurricane Harvey and our customers who have friends and family there.

Beginning Aug. 26, 2017, and running through at least Sept. 1, 2017, we will issue credits to AT&T wireless customers in impacted areas for additional data, voice and text charges, and AT&T PREPAID for additional voice and text charges.*

Currently, credits will be issued to customers with billing zip codes in the following counties – Aransas, Austin, Bee, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, Brazoria, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzales, Harris, Jackson, Jefferson, Jim Wells, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Liberty, Live Oak, Matagorda, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Victoria, Wailer, Wharton, and Wilson. We’ll continue to assess the impact on additional locations in the days ahead.

UPDATE AUG. 28: From Aug. 28, 2017, and running through at least Sept. 3, 2017, we will also issue credits to AT&T wireless and AT&T PREPAID customers in impacted parts of Louisiana. Credits will apply for customers with billing zip codes in Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Jefferson Davis and Vermilion parishes.

Message 15 of 72
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support