Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T failed to honor the BOGO offer that was up in April 2019

Contributor

AT&T failed to honor the BOGO offer that was up in April 2019

They made me upgrade my phone and to add a new line buying two  Samsung galaxy 10 s plus, and never heard again, now all I have is a bigger bill, and receipt of upfront fees for all the upgrade and peripherals I got for the new phones, I will sued AT&T for false advertisement, cause now they are telling me so many excuses not to honor the offer, once they got me to upgrade and pay lots of money for

Message 1 of 44
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by Gary L
‎05-24-2019 3:44 PM

Re: AT&T failed to honor the BOGO offer that was up in April 2019

If you had read the deal, the credits on the second phone start in 3 months.   You complained in ONE.

869B3D5E-9C86-4D42-9CA2-F2B455E50B14.jpeg

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 44
Teacher

Yeah well, I'm currently getting screwed on this as well and your answer does nothing for my situation. There was also a 50" samsung TV offered... I havent received either the credit OR tv

Message 3 of 44
Teacher

In fact, I have most recently been told, that since they arent able to find the offer, ?? disappeared?? That it must not have ever happened...?

Really?

Message 4 of 44
Teacher

I have never been more disappointed, in an organization. Every time I call, instead of trying to help... they attempt to discredit my claim...

Message 5 of 44
ACE - Sage

@blammmann wrote:

Yeah well, I'm currently getting screwed on this as well and your answer does nothing for my situation. There was also a 50" samsung TV offered... I havent received either the credit OR tv

The Samsung offer through At&t required both new At&t wireless line and TV service (uverse or satellite).  

Credits on the phone should start 3 months from the day off purchase - if you met all requirements.

Common reasons for promo failure:

Not reading the promo and knowing how to comply

Not using installments

Not adding a new line or porting from a competing carrier

Not adding TV service.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 44
Teacher

{keep it courteous} I had TV , but that isnt it. the promo ended on april 15, not may 27 or whatever, so it is not the same, TV was NOT required !

Message 7 of 44
Teacher

Re: AT

Not true, this promo was different. And, I had 611 reps on the line to
confirm I did it right
Message 8 of 44
ACE - Master

@blammmann wrote:

Unfortunately, you are as absolutely ignorant as all others. I had TV , but that isnt it. the promo ended on april 15, not may 27 or whatever, so it is not the same, TV was NOT required !

Can you post a copy of the promo?

Message 9 of 44
ACE - Sage

@blammmann   This is a self help forum, not 20 questions (which is what we play a lot with the less than forthcoming).

You have provided no information other than your expectations, that weren’t met.  

‘No dates, no information on the added line, nothing on installments.  You keep saying “That’s  not it”.  

So what is it?   

Message 10 of 44
Teacher

I fail to see what my order number or any other specifics will do for a non ATT employee, or should I say unkown, and discerning random person on the internet... Duh!

I signed up on april 14 2019, Deal either ended midnight or on 15th, but was certain, the last day to claim.

Upgrade current s9, eligable, for any s10, get 2nd for free w/addition of a new line

Get a free 50" Samsung TV AND $750 in account credits

Ad was almost that vague, and hence why I dialed 611, to confirm what I was reading. This has all been reviewed, maybe, I have yet to speak with anybody that can confirm why I am or may not be eligable

Message 11 of 44
ACE - Master

@blammmann wrote:

I fail to see what my order number or any other specifics will do for a non ATT employee, or should I say unkown, and discerning random person on the internet... Duh!

Then why are you posting this here? This is a customer-to-customer forum not a complaints department. If all you want is to complain about the promo instead of finding out why you didn't get it, then call AT&T again.

Message 12 of 44
ACE - Sage

@Gary L  you seem to have a nack for finding obscure things, I can’t say I recall a gifts of Galaxy promotion in April 2019 that included a free TV from Samsung.  I do recall such a promotion in 2016 and 2018.  

Message 13 of 44
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 

A slickdeals mention in April, but to a link that was likely a redirect.

https://www.att.com/deals/samsung-tv-offer.html

No useful info though.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 14 of 44
ACE - Sage

@blammmann   I find other references from a couple other customers on the forum, but no evidence of the TV promotion.  

https://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/ATT-free-Samsung-TV-scam/m-p/5874899

Usually ATTCares sends a link for valid, available promotions, and they are listed in their promotions page for a year, and show up in various online places.  I can’t find anything on the TV offer.  

Dont know what to tell you.  

Message 15 of 44
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support