Need help understanding your bill?
Angry1234's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 15th, 2016 10:21 PM

Closed

AT&T SUCKS!

I have been an at&t customer for almost 9 years. I have 3 lines and pay them $258 a month! I recently lost my job and told them that but I still made arrangements and paid my bill and remained a customer. Now this month my bill was due on the 7th, I forgot and I went online to set up a payment arrangement because it was 7 days past the due date and it wouldn't let me. I needed to set up for next Friday because that's when I get my first paycheck. Til I got break at work to call in and tell them i couldnt set one up, it had already been shut off! NO NOTICE!! they claimed they sent an email but they didn't even have my correct email address on file (which I know I called in to update) and they said they sent me a paper stating they were going to shut off my service today obviously I didn't get it or I would have called YESTERDAY! it's funny they send a text saying you're getting to your max data usage but they don't send a text saying they are going to shut off your phone. So they tell me there is nothing they can do for me! Well they just lost a 9 year contract because their customer service is terrible they have no consideration for people who were loyal customers but go through a struggle. I mean 7 DAYS ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Thanks for nothing AT&T and for showing what a loyal customer really means to you.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

I'm trying to figure out why it's ATT's fault you forgot to pay on time.  

FYI your phone numbers cannot be ported until your bill is current.  

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

ME TOO! The problem I have with ATNT is their freaking Wi-Fi. We pay like $70 a month just for wifi only and the wifi is COMPLETE CRAP! It can barely go up to even 5mbps!!! This is ridiculous! And when we called atnt to "fix" it they fixed it and it as even worse. Our Wifi Router was now at barely 3mbps.
And when we tried calling them again they said wr needed to pay more money. HONESTLY, WHO WOULD WANT TO PAY MORE THAN $70 A MONTH FOR CRAPPY WIFI???!!!

• 

30 Messages

can you actually (Edited per community guidelines) if they're so bad then just cancel

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Have you looked for other internet providers?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@WhyATNT wrote:
The problem I have with ATNT is their freaking Wi-Fi. We pay like $70 a month just for wifi only and the wifi is COMPLETE CRAP! It can barely go up to even 5mbps!!! This is ridiculous! And when we called atnt to "fix" it they fixed it and it as even worse. Our Wifi Router was now at barely 3mbps.
And when we tried calling them again they said wr needed to pay more money. HONESTLY, WHO WOULD WANT TO PAY MORE THAN $70 A MONTH FOR CRAPPY WIFI???!!!

I don't understand why you didn't cancel the first day or the first week if it's such crummy service?

FYI, this is the CELLULAR forum...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@WhyATNT First of all, ATT does not provide wifi service, they provide home internet service and wifi is a way for devices to connect to the router. You might want to run speed tests on something directly connected to your router, your issue might be the wifi itself or could be your wireless devices. What speed internet are you supposed to get? In any event, as pointed out this is the cell phone forum. Suggest you take this to the internet forum.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

$258 is a lot for 3 lines (does this include NEXT payments on phones), try family package and 20GB data share that'll run about $150 a month.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

We had AT&T internet for 6 years and it was bad from day one. We probably had 30 techs come out to "figure" it out and everyone of them said that the last tech didn't know what they were doing and that they them self fixed the problem. Only to have a diff tech come out a couple weeks later to say the same thing. Finally got tired of the runaround and moved on. Plus after 6 years of paying for a whopping 12mbps we were Finally told that out area only supported 6mbps. Did we get a refund. Haha No....just a sorry.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Greetings!

ATT Sucks!!! 

Just spent 2 hours on the phone with ATT Customer service. They totally dropped the ball when we moved to the new house. They told us there would be no problem moving service (ofcourse they did not check before hand). Then they spent 3 weeks trying to install Internet and DirectTV service and could not. Left us high and dry and then dumped us to Comcast (yes, a big tech boss called and told me they do not want us as clients, "go to Comcast").

Now they are charging... us $600 in failed installation attempts, early cancelation fees and penalties for not paying some mysterious bill I never received. I tried to reason with them, explained that if they go through this they will lose a loyal Cell phone customer who they have been milking for years. No avail. ATT is really 3 companies at this point ATT Cell, Uverse and DirectTV. Each has their own customer service scripts and department and overall customer satisfaction is not something they care about.

So here goes. ATT YOU SUCK!!!!! You really suck. I am so done with you guys. Go play your games with somebody else. Not us.
Thank you and have a nice life. You are not getting another penny from our family. Not now or ever.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Simon123 This is the CELLULAR forum. It's also the COMMUNITY forum.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

7 years ago

I can see being upset if you were charged installation fees if the install wasn't completed, but it's not AT&T's fault you moved and had to end your contract. You would also owe for the time you had service.

Also, telling them you will cancel your cell phone if they don't remove charges isn't "reasoning with them," it is extortion.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.