For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
SamuelE's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 2nd, 2018 7:37 PM

AT&T NEXT uprgrade return issue.

I recently uprgraded my 7 plus to the X. I paid $190 and had to mail in my old phone. I mailed it back to returns over a week ago. I’m still receiving texts to return my phone. I tracked it and it said my phone was picked up by a return agent. What does this mean? Good or Bad??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@SamuelE wrote:

I recently uprgraded my 7 plus to the X. I paid $190 and had to mail in my old phone. I mailed it back to returns over a week ago. I’m still receiving texts to return my phone. I tracked it and it said my phone was picked up by a return agent. What does this mean? Good or Bad??

Track it with this site..  http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/  Newlogistics IS SLOW with getting it back to ATT or actually young america since they process the returns... 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks!! That link had the updated tracking info. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I also had a return issue on the iPhone x to iPhone xs,  I have documented evidence it was returned.  I continued to get e-mails from AT&T saying the phone was not returned and I would be billed the difference in my old contract.  Well, I called the number on the notice I got and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Why put a phone number on the notice if no one knows what you're talking about. 

After explaining everything to the automated system, it finally put me through to a real person.  I've spent hours on the phone.   I got them to research the fact the phone was in fact returned.  They made a note in my record and I was told not to worry that I would not be billed.  Then I got another e-mail saying I would be billed.  I have names and dates and copied texts, chat sessions for 3 separate times in trying to deal with this issue all saying that I would not be billed and to not worry.  I made each person I spoke to document the issue, findings and how to resolve on my file.  Fortunately all have written something down so when I talk to the next person, they have the history.

Well, now when I got my bill, there was the non-returned phone charge.  I spoke with a 4th person on 11/3 when I got my bill and the charge was there.  He wrote up a case, told me that I would have credit back by 11/14.  Well the 14th came and went and no credit.  I called on 11/15 and spoke with the 5th person and I was told last night that the credit was approved by the supervisor and they would go into the system and approve the credit and it would happen last night. Well it didn't.  I also have a text stating that fact.  Well, looks like I'll be on the phone every day as my billing cycle ends 11/20 at which point I will be past due on my bill if the credit is not there.  I truly dislike what I'm going through right now and if anyone else has had similar issues and got it fixed, please let me know how you got it resolved.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the exact same issue, and am about to be charged for a returned phone. If that happens I will leave AT&T.  So many people have this problem.

Hope you get it worked out.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I’m in a similar situation however they are claiming I returned the wrong phones. They went so far as to tell me I was supposed to return a iPhone 6 when it was an iPhone X. I was even told I cannot provide proof of what was returned and what was supposed to be returned. I think someone at att is stealing the phones and screwing the customers

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hey I’m having the same problem right now.  Been dealing with it since end of September. Any help? They won’t give me my phone back and they will not credits my account.  I’m at a lost for words right now. 

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

5 years ago

This happened to me, 2 years in a row. I was charged a no phone return fee both years. It took 10 months to get the charges off of my bill and they turned my service off multiple times, after telling me it was taken care of. Only to get the following bill, and the charge was still there. It’s the biggest hassle and their return service is the worst, ever. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am also having same issue. I have tracking info that it was sent back and was charged on bill. How will this get resolved?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.