Need help understanding your bill?
Kguerra0712's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 8:44 PM

A request for discontinued service was not processed - money owed

I need to escalate a matter and prefer to avoid the arbitration process if possible. Please read below and advise how I can futher proceed. 

In January of 2013, I moved from my condo where I had a phone line established. I requested this to be cut off at that time when I moved in with a friend for a couple months prior to moving into my current apartment. 

The home line was rolled into my cell phone bill when AT&T did a combined report. On July 31st, 2014 I phoned AT&T to resolve an issue with my cell phone and U-Verse account. This issue was resolved; however, when I inquired on how I could view the details of my cell phone bill the representative informed me that it was combined with my active home phone bill and I would have to login to a separate account. WHAT! Yes, it seems AT&T had NEVER shut off my home phone (where I haven't lived in a year and half) and has been charging me EVER SINCE. As this was combined with another bill, I was unaware of this charge and had not been receiving a bill or had not been able to login to view my online bill to see this was happening. After being passed around for an hour and a half or so, I spoke with a representative who informed me he would be shutting off the phoneand  I would be reimbursed for the months I was charged. He calculated this amount to be about $550 but said this would have to be approved by his manager's manager and I would be getting a call in a day or two to confirm. I never got a call. 

I called back on August 8th, 2014 where I was passed around for another hour and a half. Not only could no one help me but they STILL DID NOT SHUT DOWN THAT LAND LINE. I finally get to a supervisor who could only give me a $100 credit for this service (I still don't know how he calculated that). And honestly, I still don't know if my land line has really been cut off. I still cannot login to my online billing for my cell phone. The supervisor said someone in the department who told me I would be getting $550 would call me back but SURPRISE, still no call. He based this on the months of June 2013 - July 2014 because this is when I established U-Verse at my new apartment and the only way he could prove that I was living at a different location. However, I am TRULY owed from January 2013 - July 2014. 

I need a call from someone who will resolve this. I don't understand how this company is unable to process a request for a termination of services and continues to charge me for over a year and a half. I would never have found out about this had a representative unknowingly divulged that information. I am owed the charges from January 2013 - July 2014 for a home phone charge. I will take this to arbitration and request more money for this is now consuming a large amount of time. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Kguerra0712 wrote:

I need to escalate a matter and prefer to avoid the arbitration process if possible. Please read below and advise how I can futher proceed. 

In January of 2013, I moved from my condo where I had a phone line established. I requested this to be cut off at that time when I moved in with a friend for a couple months prior to moving into my current apartment. 

The home line was rolled into my cell phone bill when AT&T did a combined report. On July 31st, 2014 I phoned AT&T to resolve an issue with my cell phone and U-Verse account. This issue was resolved; however, when I inquired on how I could view the details of my cell phone bill the representative informed me that it was combined with my active home phone bill and I would have to login to a separate account. WHAT! Yes, it seems AT&T had NEVER shut off my home phone (where I haven't lived in a year and half) and has been charging me EVER SINCE. As this was combined with another bill, I was unaware of this charge and had not been receiving a bill or had not been able to login to view my online bill to see this was happening. After being passed around for an hour and a half or so, I spoke with a representative who informed me he would be shutting off the phoneand  I would be reimbursed for the months I was charged. He calculated this amount to be about $550 but said this would have to be approved by his manager's manager and I would be getting a call in a day or two to confirm. I never got a call. 

I called back on August 8th, 2014 where I was passed around for another hour and a half. Not only could no one help me but they STILL DID NOT SHUT DOWN THAT LAND LINE. I finally get to a supervisor who could only give me a $100 credit for this service (I still don't know how he calculated that). And honestly, I still don't know if my land line has really been cut off. I still cannot login to my online billing for my cell phone. The supervisor said someone in the department who told me I would be getting $550 would call me back but SURPRISE, still no call. He based this on the months of June 2013 - July 2014 because this is when I established U-Verse at my new apartment and the only way he could prove that I was living at a different location. However, I am TRULY owed from January 2013 - July 2014. 

I need a call from someone who will resolve this. I don't understand how this company is unable to process a request for a termination of services and continues to charge me for over a year and a half. I would never have found out about this had a representative unknowingly divulged that information. I am owed the charges from January 2013 - July 2014 for a home phone charge. I will take this to arbitration and request more money for this is now consuming a large amount of time. 

Wait a second...you didn't look at your cell phone bill for a year and a half? You didn't notice the amount of your payment didn't decrease in January 2013? 

The easiest way to tell if a phone line has been disconnected is call the number and listen for the message.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Kguerra0712 

Thank you for sending us a private message. I see that one of our manager has sent you an email few days ago, did you get it? They were asking for some additional information and it doesn't look like we got a reply, can you please look for it? It was sent to your hotmail mailbox.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have not received an email. Please resend. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The POINT to all of this is I was not given the solution I requested a year and a half ago. I was not able to login to a view a bill and had other services lumped in with the bill. I guess it is MY fault that AT&T didn't process a request 3 times right? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.