Need help understanding your bill?
southbay101's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 29th, 2016 8:14 PM

5GB more data, same price, Now enjoy 20GB of data. Serious billing error....

I was glad to get an extra 5GB of data per month, but AT&T you really messed up my bill. 

You totally messed up my backdating charges when you switched me over from the 15GB plan to 20GB plan.  

Follow me here as I explain:

- My old 15GB plan is $100 a month. Plus I get a 22% discount on my plan. That's $78 after discount for this $100 plan. 

- The new 20GB plan is also $100 a month. I also get a 22% discount on this plan. Again, $78 after discount.  

- Now, on my most recent bill, you backdated the change from 15GB plan to 20GB plan. This backdating should have washed out because all you are doing is changing a $100 month plan for another $100 month plan. But you didn't....

- On my bill, in the backdating section, I see a credit for $78 for my 15GB plan, and a charge for $100 for the new 20GB plan.   I end up with an extra $22 on my bill because you totally messed up the backdating credits and charnges.  

AT&T this is a terrible mistake. Such a simple calcuation messed up. I bet if you check your customer service call logs, you will see a ton of customers complaining about this.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Just fyi, this is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. If you are looking for someone to fix the billing errors, you won't find them posting here. You either need to contact customer support directly or send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare. Based on your description, it sounds like the only billing error was the 22% discount did not get applied to the 20GB plan.

Now, please tell us more about this extra 5GB. I've got the 15GB plan and I've not been offered an extra 5GB.

Guru

• 

321 Messages

8 years ago

sandblaster,

I also had the 15 gb plan.

When I called retentions about a 2 months ago to add free Canada roaming,after it was added it, the person I talked to asked me if I would like a special offer. I was hesitant about it, I thought they were going to try and sell me Digital Life. When she asked if I would like 5 extra gb per month at no charge I asked what the catch was. She said no catch, just enjoy the 5 gb extra!

No change in price, still paying $100.00 for 20 gb.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

I have a promotional 30 GB plan, but don't make a dent in it, but we go over 15 GBs.  20 would be the sweet spot and I could save $30 a month.   

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I just woke up this morning and saw this email from AT&T: 

Capture.GIF

Hey, now I feel really special that I got this upgrade to my plan! Granted, I've been with AT&T / Cingular wireless now for 15 years straight and my bill is +$100/month and I've never called customer support to ask for anything before (except now, since they messed up my bill this month).

Maybe AT&T is finally rewarding the low-maintenance, drama-free, trouble-free, non-pestering, non-threatening customers that silently pay their bills on time, never call the customer support number, and just keep calm and carry on.  

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

99 Messages

8 years ago

I would check the Monthy Recurring Charges right above the Plan Changes part where you see the Credit for $78...I've seen it a few times that you'll see (in your case) a $44 credit for "National Account Discount". If you see that, then that not only covers the $22 discount for your month in advance, but also for the billing cycle in which the plan change was made

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I have my own account, but im an authorized user for my mother's account and it seems its a plan only offered in the retention/cancellation dept. I called in, asked for retention dept and asked if my mother's account was eligible. Especially the longer your account is active with AT&T, they give it no questions asked. Seeing as her account was active for over 10 years they added it.

My account has that same 30gb for 130 except i actually use almost all of it. Too much youtube and netflix for me. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@BLee0486

the 30 GBs for  $130 is a good deal for us, we have used as much as 22 GBs, but that was unusual.  With 6 phones and 2 tablets, I was sure we would need the big data pool.  

But we are using more like 15 GBs and rolling over the other half.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40

try what i did. when the automated system by calling 611 asks what you need, say retention dept. once u get connected, just ask about the plan and if your account is eligible. worth a try.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.