Need help understanding your bill?
jrpprn2015's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 7th, 2015 9:05 AM

$5000 are u kiding me and denied by the fraud department u

I got a 5000 dollar bill and 3 lines were added all the charges were due to internet data charges first they sent me a bill for 3000 I was not having it I have had att since 2005 and my bill was usually $300 or so recently I got a bill for the 3000 and I noticed that 3 lines were added when i called and try to figure it out why so Hi I was informed that "I had added 3 more lines and was being charged 3000 for going over a combined data plan with 7 phones with only 20 gig . I went to the att store where I had been going for some time and explained to them what was going on. The att representative tbat was helping me called from his phonephone ond of the numbers and somone answered I played it off and asked for Bob and she kinda stutered and said I had the wrong number. The att rep m sure tbat we dialed thethe right numbers he said that just call the att number and they will take care of it well he was wrong it takes me 1 hour to get a hold of someone 1 hour to explain to the 1st person another hour to explain to the fraud and another 1 to argue that I didn't set up those lines all to. Be sent back to customer service and that's another hour then I go to the store and they sit there and tell me that they can't do anything I have to call the 1800 number but yet the numbers were added at the location that I had opened my accounts what's really going on with att where can I get the number to the regional manager [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

You need to know your rights so you can get this off your bill. Please read this portion of you customer agreement. And mail the appropriate dispute. Good luck.

http://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#whatChargesAmIResponsibleFor
How Will I Receive My Bill? What Charges Am I Responsible For? How Much Time Do I Have To Dispute My Bill?

You will receive an electronic (paperless) bill at AT&T’s online account management site unless you tell us you want a paper bill. You will be given the option to choose electronic billing or paper billing when you purchase service. Each month we will send you an email notice when your electronic bill is available online. This will be sent to your official email address on file with AT&T. You are required to keep your email address current and to notify us immediately of any change in your email address. You always have the option of switching back to a paper bill by changing your billing preferences at AT&T’s online account management site. You will not receive a paper bill in the mail unless you expressly request one.

You are responsible for paying all charges for or resulting from Services provided under this Agreement, including any activation fee that may apply to each voice or data line. You will receive monthly bills that are due in full.

IF YOU DISPUTE ANY CHARGES ON YOUR BILL, YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN WRITING AT AT&T BILL DISPUTE, 1025 LENOX PARK, ATLANTA, GA 30319 WITHIN 100 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THE BILL OR YOU’LL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL AND TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY LEGAL ACTION RAISING SUCH DISPUTE.

Charges include, without limitation, airtime, roaming, recurring monthly service, activation, administrative, and late payment charges; regulatory cost recovery and other surcharges; optional feature charges; toll, collect call and directory assistance charges; restoral and reactivation charges; any other charges or calls billed to your phone number; and applicable taxes and governmental fees, whether assessed directly upon you or upon AT&T.

To determine your primary place of use ("PPU") and which jurisdiction's taxes and assessments to collect, you’re required to provide us with your residential or business street address. If you don’t provide us with such address, or if it falls outside our licensed Services area, we may reasonably designate a PPU within the licensed Services area for you. You must live and have a mailing address within AT&T's owned network coverage area.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

BTW. Please write, read and edit your letter carefully. Your post has 3 punctuations. It was also difficult to understand. Include proper documentation.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.