Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: 41% in fees and taxes for one line

Teacher

41% in fees and taxes for one line

I just switched over to AT&T Unlimited & More Premium plan for one line. 

Received the following emails outlining my new ongoing monthly charges. Fees and taxes are 41%! This has to be a mistake.

ATT_Blurred_Cropped.jpg

Message 1 of 8

Did you just set up a new Next plan? You normally get charged the full sales tax for the phone upfront.

Message 2 of 8
Teacher

I switched over from the grandfathered unlimited data plan. If you notice, the 41% in fees and taxes are ongoing. I can maybe understand paying for it once.

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎03-14-2019 5:58 PM

Don’t worry. That is your customer service summary, not a bill. The customer service summaries are often wrong. There is no way your monthly taxes will be that high.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Teacher

Great, thank you. I almost switched carriers.

Message 5 of 8
Teacher

Did not sign up for the Next Plan and not purchasing a new phone.

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

Any updates? I just opened 2 lines a week ago and I almost died when I saw my customer service summary. I’m so scared to pay this much!!

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Hi Teacher - If you don't mind, please share how much you end up paying for your "state & local tax" and "federal universal service fund" & other fees on your one line phone bill?  I (just like Tutor) signed up for AT&T cell phone call few days ago & I also was shocked when I received the customer service summary that shows my "ongoing monthly bill" has $23.06 state & local tax + all these other fees bringing my monthly bill to $112 (for just 1 line w/ mobile share + 3G)!?

I also don't understand why AT&T keep sending out these "customer service summary" if the AT&T reps (the ones I spoke with) are indeed correct saying "the customer service summary information are wrong"?  Why will they send out "wrong information" to new customers?  Thus, I am still worried that we (AT&T account holders) may end up be "locked" into the contract plan with such High ongoing Taxes & Fees....  anyone can confirm?

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support