Explore & discover

Helpful Links

41% in fees and taxes for one line

Teacher

41% in fees and taxes for one line

I just switched over to AT&T Unlimited & More Premium plan for one line. 

Received the following emails outlining my new ongoing monthly charges. Fees and taxes are 41%! This has to be a mistake.

ATT_Blurred_Cropped.jpg

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted

Re: 41% in fees and taxes for one line

Did you just set up a new Next plan? You normally get charged the full sales tax for the phone upfront.

Message 2 of 7
Teacher

I switched over from the grandfathered unlimited data plan. If you notice, the 41% in fees and taxes are ongoing. I can maybe understand paying for it once.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎03-14-2019 5:58 PM

Don’t worry. That is your customer service summary, not a bill. The customer service summaries are often wrong. There is no way your monthly taxes will be that high.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Teacher

Great, thank you. I almost switched carriers.

Message 5 of 7
Teacher

Did not sign up for the Next Plan and not purchasing a new phone.

Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Any updates? I just opened 2 lines a week ago and I almost died when I saw my customer service summary. I’m so scared to pay this much!!

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support