Need help understanding your bill?
angiec.'s profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 11th, 2014 4:34 AM

Closed

$40 reconnection fee

Last month my phone got cut off because I forgot to pay my bill...I am one month behind plus the current bill...I'm only paying 65 dollars and with d reconnection fee I have to pay 101 dollars d next month....really??...in their automated system it says and I quote...."you may be charge up to 40 dollars for reconnection fee"...I called costumer care and asked them how much is their min and how come I was charged the maximum of 40 dollars for just one phone....it is more than half of my monthly bill...what if I can't afford to pay it? I think 40 dollars is too much for a reconnection fee...this people doesn't even care...all they want is think of how to get money from their consumer...

Employee

• 

581 Messages

9 years ago

Hello @angiec. As busy as life gets I know many of us can relate to forgetting to pay a bill for something and being hit with reconnection/restore fees.  The reconnection fee article shares other ways to pay your bill in order to avoid the fees.  I know this does not assist with the fee you just paid but just wanted to share it here for your future reference.  You can access the article by clicking here.  Thanks for your post!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

they got us too!!!!Im calling twc tomorrow and see what roadrunner cost....

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Every carrier has a large reconnect fee.  It is meant to be punative so that you don't pay late again.

Put your account on auto pay, or set a reminder on your phone so you don't forget.  

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

If you call before you are late, I have never heard of them not giving you an extension. If you get an extension theres no reconnect fee.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

7 years ago

@angiec. wrote:
Last month my phone got cut off because I forgot to pay my bill...I am one month behind plus the current bill...I'm only paying 65 dollars and with d reconnection fee I have to pay 101 dollars d next month....really??...in their automated system it says and I quote...."you may be charge up to 40 dollars for reconnection fee"...I called costumer care and asked them how much is their min and how come I was charged the maximum of 40 dollars for just one phone....it is more than half of my monthly bill...what if I can't afford to pay it? I think 40 dollars is too much for a reconnection fee...this people doesn't even care...all they want is think of how to get money from their consumer...

The restoral fee is always $40. I'm sure there's a complicated legal reason or something for them using the wording of "Up to $40" but there's only one amount. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I have been with ATT for a very long time and recieved the same feedback.  The custmer service representatives were very adament that it's a realistic charge.  My advice, call get some of your money back and then look for other services.  I'm currently shopping around to verizon (much better coverage) or tmobile (Good coverage but way cheaper)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Disagree, I have been a customer for over 10 years, with an over 800 credit score.  This is just more ways to make a bit more money off of their customers.  The ones that don't complain they are happy with, as they take the extra amounts. The ones that do complain (like me) get 25.00 back and are supposed to be happy about it (They originally offered me some sort of accessory options (lol) )

My advise.  I'm looking at Verizon (They can be pricey, however they're coverage and network is stronger) or Tmobile (more cost effective, but not sure about coverage).  Either way, staying loyal to a provider means nothing these days.   It's always good to value shop, and bring those dollars back to your household

3 Messages

3 months ago

(Edited per community guidelines) so YOU paid late - in fact, so late that your service got interrupted - which they don't do until you're at least 10 days late, you got charged the fee you agreed to pay in such an event listed in your terms of service, you're being held to it and YOU'RE mad? Tell me how late you'd let your boss be with YOUR pay until YOU say "no more work" and now you want something extra for the delay. All AT&T account holders must be an adult 18 years of age or older. So you're an adult. Act like one. Your neglect of your personal finances are not AT&Ts fault

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

3 months ago

@tommyin2011 

You created an account to bash people from 6-7 years ago. Not the action of a mature adult so take your own advice.

Don't spam these old threads.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.