jamileh's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

Monday, March 19th, 2012 5:55 PM

Closed

3rd Party Subscriptions & Purchase Blocker

Here are instructions on how to add a purchase block on your phone. This comes in handy when you get spam text messages for paid subscription services. You can enable this feature at no cost. 

NOTE - Smartphone users must contact AT&T Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 or dial 611 from your mobile device, to add Parental controls.

Add Parental Controls for Non-smartphone Users

1. Log in to Mobile Web from your child's device. For instructions on how to access Mobile Web, go to our Phone/DeviceLearning Center/Tutorials, select the manufacturer and model of your device, then review the Access Mobile Web and tutorial under Mobile Web.
  2. Go to My Account on the Mobile Web menu.
  3. Select Parental Controls.
  4. Select Purchase Blocker.

You can also manage Mobile Purchases and Downloads here: https://cingular-oac.qpass.com/oac/html/signin.do (This is a good way to double check to see if you're subscribed to anything)

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

Purchase Blocker can now be added using myATT app. In app, go to "My Services", scroll down to "Smart Solutions" and select "Purchase Blocker", it's that easy.

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.