will I automatically be added to a data plan?

Contributor

will I automatically be added to a data plan?

@imfster

So I'm still a little confused, hope you can help me out. I currently have the Pantech Ease (a messaging phone) but want a smartphone that runs Android. I plan to purchase one from a website and not through AT&T, such as this here: http://android-sale.com/huawei-honor-4-inch-touch-screen-3g-8mp-camera-android-smartphone-black.html

If I take the SIM card out of my Ease, and pop it into this Honor, will I automatically be added to a data plan? I really don't want to pay the $30 a month for data, and I would only use the internet when I had WiFi, so I don't understand why AT&T is supposedly able to do that, or if they will in my circumstances and situation. Thanks.

-austin.vojta

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: will I automatically be added to a data plan?

You'll get a data plan attached automatically if you don't pick one
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Employee

Yes a data plan will be added as soon as the network identifies the smart phone. You can chose the lower 20 plan if you'd like but if you use a smart phone, you have to have a data plan.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Do you know about other companies? Do Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint have the same policies?

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

T-Mobile used to allow people who brought their own phones with them to opt out of the data plan, but Sprint & Verizon require data plans just like AT&T.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support