For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mendomar012's profile

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 8:20 AM

want the new nexus 4.

Ok so I have an LG nitro HD under contract and I'm 8 months into it. And I wanted to know if I buy the nexus 4 can I just put the SIM card from LG nitro HD and use it with no problem or do I have to get a different SIM card from AT&T?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Absolutely! If the two devices use the same type of SIM card, then you can just slide in the sim on the Nexus and use it to your hearts content.

Keep in mind you may need to make a change to your data plan. Since the Nitro HD uses a LTE plan and the Nexus 4 runs on the HSPA+ network, you may need to get the data plan adjusted. But otherwise, you should be okay! 🙂

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

If the two phones use the same sized SIM cards, then you can just switch them yourself.  If they use different sized SIM cards, then you can go to a corporate AT&T store to get the correct size for the Nexus 4.  I don't know which size each phone uses, so I can't tell you which scenario will apply to you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

or any at&t store, just because at&t hates their authorized dealers (like me) doesn't mean you have to also.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I don't hate authorized resellers.  It's just that the services offered by them are not consistent, as seen on AT&T's website when you search for stores in your area.  That's why I recommend that a customer go to a corporate store when I don't know where they are located.  I don't know what the authorized resellers around that customer can and cannot do.

Personally for the authorized reseller that is closest to my job, I can never get service when I go there.  They never even acknowledge my presence when I walk in.  AT&T recently put a corporate store two blocks away from them, so I go there now.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the comments they were all helpful

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

So are you inferring that these places are the equivalant of used car salemen or something?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@arandomperson7 wrote:

So are you inferring that these places are the equivalant of used car salemen or something?

I'm not sure if you were responding to me, but if so no I wouldn't consider them to be equivalent to used car salesmen.  Used car salesmen at least acknowledge my presence and offer to sell me something.  What happens after that varies, but I have had good experiences and bad experiences at used car dealerships. 
I've never been offered assistance in the store that I was referring to to know what they would do.  The only other authorized reseller that I have visited was a Jungle Store(?); since they had a dog in there, I walked out one second after I walked in.  They didn't get a chance to prove themselves either way with me, but obviously they didn't want my business if they keep a dog in the store.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.