For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
carlos.'s profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 5th, 2018 8:33 PM

Does att offer veteran discounts on their plans?

does att offer veteran discounts on their plans

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, in fact that is the only discount offered on the unlimited plans. https://www.att.com/offers/discount-program/military-discount/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@david_reaves

Thats not exactly how Verizon does it.  The plan and line fee structure on current unlimited plans is such that the 15% discount is rather insignificant compared to total cost of plan and fees.  Especially as lines cost $35 on the current plan, as opposed to $20. 

On older unlimited and regular plans Verizon still offers only 15% off the plan only.  

Taken off their FAQ:

• Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited and Above Unlimited:
    • 1 phone – $15 discount
    • 2 phones – $35 discount
    • 3+ phones – $40 discount.  (Maximum discount is $40)

Note: If you signed up for Go Unlimited or Beyond Unlimited before 6/18/18, you have a $15 account-level discount, no matter how many lines you have. You can mix and match unlimited plans on your account to get the new discount listed above.

• Most other advertised Verizon standard plans: 15% discount

Learn how to register for your military discount. Visit our Military and Veterans FAQs for more information.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

6 years ago

@carlos.  Active duty and veterans receive a 15% discount. Need to take your DD Form 2 (retired) or DD Form 214 to a ATT Corp store to sign up. 

https://www.att.com/global-search/search?q=Veterans+discounts&%3Acq_csrf_token=undefined

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

If you live in Texas you can you use your Veteran ID card or your Texas Drivers License if you have the veteran status on your license.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Is this discount also applicable in Puerto Rico?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Can you apply for this veteran discount online with at&t?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Obeba7 As far as I know, it applies to Puerto Rico but you can’t do it online. You need to go to a corporate store.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

As an FYI on this, the bill doesn't ever show anything called a "Military Discount."  It will show a "Foundation Account" number or FAN on the upper right of the bill.  On the bill you will see a line item for Discount for Unlimited Plans. Also, despite what the sales person probably told you, it only applies to the base service charge AFTER the Paperless & AutoPay discount.  **It does not include any device charges or line access charges in the discount.**  It has taken me several months and several phone calls to get this information conveyed clearly.  

As an aside-- this is different from the Verizon account that I still have for other family members.  Verizon wireless gives the full discount percentage against all service charges, excluding surcharges &  taxes.  Man Frustrated

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@david_reaves wrote:

As an FYI on this, the bill doesn't ever show anything called a "Military Discount."  It will show a "Foundation Account" number or FAN on the upper right of the bill.  On the bill you will see a line item for Discount for Unlimited Plans. Also, despite what the sales person probably told you, it only applies to the base service charge AFTER the Paperless & AutoPay discount.  **It does not include any device charges or line access charges in the discount.**  It has taken me several months and several phone calls to get this information conveyed clearly.  

As an aside-- this is different from the Verizon account that I still have for other family members.  Verizon wireless gives the full discount percentage against all service charges, excluding surcharges &  taxes.  Man Frustrated

ATT has always only taken the discount off the core data plan.  Which is still 17.25 a month for my unlimited plus plan.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

My only issue is that I never went with wireless cause they would never fix my internet issue .They said I had cable internet I had dsl we ask for someone to come out they didn’t .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.