For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
rwandamark's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Monday, May 8th, 2017 2:15 AM

upset with Asurion and ATT insurance

I spend a premium amount over other carriers, and have been using ATT for about 20 years.
I am disgusted with the insurance. I have 4 iphones and 3 ipads, and pay insurance every month.
My last iphone broke and they sent me an iphone 6S (remanufactured?). The 6S speaker has gone, i can't see the screen in the day, and now i can't hardly hear the other person.I never abused or dropped the phone, and have a protective case. I went to submit a claim and at the submit got a NASTY pop up saying this is my second claim in 12 months, and if I hit submit, they will cancel insurance, I wont be available for insurance for another 12 months, and the family insurance will also be canceled.
This is false advertising when i signed up, is bullying, and is nasty since they sent me a crappy replacement phone.
I need to make other decisions. I am not paying a premium to be pushed like this.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

Why would the FCC care about a complaint against Asurion, let along send such a complaint to a carrier?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@doterry wrote:

If you do not receive a satisfactory conclusion to your claims, file a complaint with the FCC citing Asurion as the reason.  FCC complaints go directly to At&t and are addressed quickly as they can effect FCC licensing and get the attention of executives. Change carriers and opt out of the insurance. 

What the?   Are you aware that Asurion, and insurance in general is not regulated by the FCC?

ATT services are, but Asurion is NOT ATT (or any other carrier).   

And on a 3 month old post...🙄

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

very impressed with the speed in which they sent me a used dead on arrival phone. Receive it within 16 hours or so  but it is completely  DEAD ON ARRIVAL!  Now it will be an additional two or three days before I receive the second replacement phone. Certainly hope it's new and not another used defective one. Even if it works out the gate, I may end up where you are where within a short period of time it malfunctions.  Hope not.

Have never made a claim before,  now because of this dead on arrival phone I will have two claims against me.  

Had they sent me a new phone to begin with we would not be here.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@seabone

No, you will not have 2 claims. They have to provide a working phone, if the sent a DOA, they did not fulfill your claim.  (Come on, this is common sense). 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for your reply but in response common sense to me would be that Asurion would have sent me a new phone replacement instead of a used dead on arrival phone.    Does not make good sense to me that they obviously did not inspect the replacement phone very well and now they have to pay shipping both ways on additional phone.  So here I am waiting an additional two or three days to have this resolved with my fingers crossed. This behavior leaves little assurance that Asurion they will handle this correctly. 

My friend tells me her husband went through this and finally accepted the FOURTH refurbed phone.  Seems a little ridiculous to me.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@seabone wrote:

Thank you for your reply but in response common sense to me would be that Asurion would have sent me a new phone replacement instead of a used dead on arrival phone.    Does not make good sense to me that they obviously did not inspect the replacement phone very well and now they have to pay shipping both ways on additional phone.  

How much have you spent on them in monthly payments plus the deductible? They can likely afford it. Plus, they're continuing to charge you a monthly fee. They've got the money.

That said, defective things get shipped. New computers, phones, etc. It happens.

So here I am waiting an additional two or three days to have this resolved with my fingers crossed. This behavior leaves little assurance that Asurion they will handle this correctly. 

My friend tells me her husband went through this and finally accepted the FOURTH refurbed phone.  Seems a little ridiculous to me.

Common sense would dictate to just put the money under your mattress, instead of sending it to them...?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@seabone wrote:

Thank you for your reply but in response common sense to me would be that Asurion would have sent me a new phone replacement instead of a used dead on arrival phone.  

Your insurance does not provide you with a new phone.  (And new phones have been known to arrive DOA too).

Does not make good sense to me that they obviously did not inspect the replacement phone very well and now they have to pay shipping both ways on additional phone.

Agreed.  But that’s not your problem, they screwed up, they have to fix it.    No different than if you bought a new product that was defective out of the box.  You don’t pay a second time.  

So here I am waiting an additional two or three days to have this resolved with my fingers crossed. This behavior leaves little assurance that Asurion they will handle this correctly. 

Asurion is a bad product.  There is no reason to insure a $130 phone.  (Or a $1,000 one for that matter) I self insure, by banking the $10 a month toward a new phone.  

Yet that’s the product you purchased (insurance).  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@seabone wrote:

Thank you for your reply but in response common sense to me would be that Asurion would have sent me a new phone replacement

Why would they send a new phone? Was the phone you filed a claim on a new phone? Don't let your frustration at getting a defective replaceent (justified, by the way) cloud your judgement of common sense. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I’m upset that I pay more money a month for insurance with att than apple care. Please tell me why it costs $200 to fix an iPhone screen through an insurance claim through ATT, when it literally costs only $30 through Apple Care? I am beyond angry and furious. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@pbmbabab wrote:

I’m upset that I pay more money a month for insurance with att than apple care. Please tell me why it costs $200 to fix an iPhone screen through an insurance claim through ATT, when it literally costs only $30 through Apple Care? I am beyond angry and furious. 

Because Asurion does not have screens/parts, so they replace the entire device.    

You are not forced to buy Asurion, it’s a CHOICE.    Up until last fall, Asurion was the only complete coverage.  Last fall Apple added loss and theft, but only if you could prove ‘find my phone ‘ was active and used to lock your phone.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.