Need help understanding your bill?
byeATeeNTee's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, April 27th, 2017 3:06 PM

unlocks denied, rude employee hangs up on me

Did unlocks on two iPhones on my account. All info good. Failed.

Asked for manager and she tells me it is maybe because the passcode I entered is one they forced me to set up earlier, so the unlock system did not have it??

Then she hung up on me. Nobody can put me in touch with one of the 250,000 ATT employees who knows how the unlock system works?

Been with ATT after over 12 years.  $163 Billion in revenue?? Gotta be one of the worst - managed companies in the world.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I filed two official complaints with legal affidavit to the FCC for each of our phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

What failed?   If you can't even enter the unlock request, then your info is bad.  

The passcode requested is the 4 digit passcode/PIN required when you call or go into stores.  (Not the alpha numeric password)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@byeATeeNTee wrote:

I filed two official complaints with legal affidavit to the FCC for each of our phones.

@byeATeeNTee

after next week look for the cell unlocking rules to get gutted by the FCC.....  The FCC no longer cares about the end user...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

lizdance40
ACE - Expert

Apr 27, 2017 8:28 AM

Re: unlocks failed, rude employee hangs up on me

What failed?   If you can't even enter the unlock request, then your info is bad.  

The passcode requested is the 4 digit passcode/PIN required when you call or go into stores.  (Not the alpha numeric password)

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
You don't read? The result of the requests (which fail silently by the way, no email) was "failed." All info submitted was correct and accepted by the system as "OK". Customer service confirmed all info was correct including passcode / pin code.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@byeATeeNTee wrote:
ACE - Expert

Apr 27, 2017 8:28 AM

Re: unlocks failed, rude employee hangs up on me

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
You don't read? The result of the requests (which fail silently by the way, no email) was "failed." All info submitted was correct and accepted by the system as "OK". Customer service confirmed all info was correct including passcode / pin code.

Yeah that is a new one since failed is not the usual response from the system.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

The result is "denied", even though all info is confirmed correct, verified and also submitted by AT&T employees themselves.

Denied.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@byeATeeNTee wrote:

The result is "denied", even though all info is confirmed correct, verified and also submitted by AT&T employees themselves.

Denied.png

@byeATeeNTee

that is different than failed a ton different.  @ATTMobilityCare can you help this user get his devices unlocked?  

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Failed and denied are completely different.  To me failed means the request didn't even submit, which has happened to me.  (Curse the captcha).

I've also been denied.  The email would say why.  

If you verified the email after the original submission, that is the email you should search for the denial email.  The reason for denial is useful to us, even if it makes no sense.  

There is also a timing issue with when your phones were paid off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.