Need help understanding your bill?
Lspobuu's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 28th, 2017 10:10 PM

"International day pass triggered" visibility?

Anyone know of a way to see if you are IN a 24 hour active international day pass period, and when it started, or will end? From a mobile device? Someone from ATT said I would see it under international usage or charges - but those are usually only visible 24 hours later, at best... And I think you need the full web site to even see that.

I want to keep an eye on my costs - not just pay $10 a day when I, say, forget to turn mobile data off.

Thanks

Dan

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Lspobuu I got a text on DAY 1 of vacation and never got another.

There was nothing in my account to indicate that I was being billed $10 a day until I got my bill. I even contacted support to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

It's kind of annoying. I thought I'd get one message a day. The first one I got seconds after turning the phone on, so I knew the first period went from 11:15am to 11:15am, but if my phone was not used the next day until 3 pm, the next period could have been from 3pm to 3pm but there was no indication of that timing (even on the bill).   If (for example) I was flying out at 3pm I would have wanted to set it to stagger like that on purpose but it wasn't even an option...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Same issue here. AT&T needs to add clarity. Does the 24 hr period start when you first connect, or are they talking about a midnight-to-midnight period? 

With all the marketing and fancy talk about how great this option is, they forgot to add even very basic info about how it works. 

AT&T, please address this.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Crafty3 The 24 hour period is not midnight to midnight. It starts whenever there is chargeable usage meaning a call, data usage or a sent text. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

@sandblaster thanks!

I also found the answer to this in the fine print on this site: 

http://www.att.com/IDPTravelTips

I wish it were easier to find. Hopefully this thread makes it more clear for others. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.