Need help understanding your bill?
glassdy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 5:49 PM

question about account suspension

Hi!Smiley Happy

I'm a member of ATT family plan. We have 5 lines in the family plan and all of us are going to travel abroad this summer. Are we able to suspend our account? If none of us is going to use the wireless service, do our group still need to pay monthly fee for unlimited phone call, text message and Internet data plan during the suspension? 

Thank you so much!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Sounds like you've got an exciting summer ahead of you!

You can choose to suspend your service, though you will still have some fees to pay. Here's a link with more information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB102788#fbid=7vGqFk8zLUo

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for your answer! What if one or two of us in the plan would like to stay and use the service? Can they stop the text message service and data plan, only leaving the phone call service active? 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

You can suspend individual lines. Text messaging is a feature and can be removed and added from your account at will. 

Data plans are required for all smartphones so if it's an active smartphone, you'll have to have the data plan active as well. 

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

12 years ago

@jamileh wrote:

You can choose to suspend your service, though you will still have some fees to pay. Here's a link with more information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB102788#fbid=7vGqFk8zLUo

The link says Monthly recurring fees accrue while the phone number is in a voluntary suspended status.  So does that mean you still pay your normal bill every month even if you suspend a phone line?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Not the same fee you'd pay if the service was active, but the actual fee can vary based on what you suspend/remove from your account. 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

I'm pretty sure you can suspend your services but make sure your balance due is zero.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

If we suspend all our service including phone call, text message and internet data plan, how much shall we pay monthly in order to keep the family plan exist during we are abroad? 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Because I'm not able to see your account information, I'm not able to give you details about that but if you'd like; I can have someone call you. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.