Need help understanding your bill?
mckenneycb's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 25th, 2018 6:43 PM

If I change my plan, will be balance be transferred?

If I change from paying .$.10 a minute for my pay as you go plan, to the $30 a month plan, will the $25 balance on my current acct   be transferred to pay for the new plan?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Not transferred but it can and will be used to pay for the $30 plan. Obviously, $25 isn't enough to pay for the plan but as soon as you add $5 more to your account, it will be paid for. Just be aware that once you change your plan, you can't get the 10 cent plan back as it is grandfathered.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Tatiana1 wrote:

Hi, today I wanted to change from my $35 plan to $45 plan, but they didn’t take my $35 current balance, so I just pay $10 difference. Now I have just $10 balance in my account. And I wanted to came back to my $35 plan.

Can it be transferred to pay my new plan? 

Thanks

No. Once you've paid for a prepaid monthly plan, that's your plan for 30 days. If you decide to change your plan later, you must prepay the new plan in full for the next 30 days. 

Everything you've already paid is lost. You should pay $45 to get the plan you want. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, today I wanted to change from my $35 plan to $45 plan, but they didn’t take my $35 current balance, so I just pay $10 difference. Now I have just $10 balance in my account. And I wanted to came back to my $35 plan.

Can it be transferred to pay my new plan? 

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

can you help have 35 plan all i need is the 30 plan

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@1123456abcdef If you have already purchased the $35 plan, wait until it is about to expire to switch to the $30 plan. If you change now, you will lose any remaining days of your $35 plan and are just throwing money away.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.