For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ggddgg's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, November 25th, 2016 8:23 PM

pay in full for new phone upgrade

I am trying to pay in full for two upgrade phones. they are telling me I have to pay part and a small on monthly is this correct?

I have an existing plan which I want to keep. I want to pay in full so I don't have additional fee on my monthly bill.  If I figure out how to pay in full and keep same plan will I be eligible for upgrade?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ggddgg wrote:

I called Walmart, guess what?  They sold out last night at the two stores that I called.  Go figure Lol!  I am going to a store and get one.  If I find any further info I will post it.  Thanks for your help Gary!! 🙂

Best buy or Target too!  (Maybe some of the club warehouses too).

FYI, iPhone 6 cases fit the iPhone 7, but they (at least the 7 plus does) might need a little surgery with a hobby knife to let the camera peak out. 

PLEASE let us know how you do...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@ggddgg wrote:

I called Walmart, guess what?  They sold out last night at the two stores that I called.  Go figure Lol!  I am going to a store and get one.  If I find any further info I will post it.  Thanks for your help Gary!! 🙂

If you are trying to take advantage of Black Friday sales, they are ALWAYS conditional on you using the monthly payment plan.   You can pay a large downpayment to lower the payments.  You can pay off the balance at a later date.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:
If you are trying to take advantage of Black Friday sales, they are ALWAYS conditional on you using the monthly payment plan.   You can pay a large downpayment to lower the payments.  You can pay off the balance at a later date.

If you want to do two lines, I wonder if somewhere like Target, you can do one line, then use the $250 card (if it is instant?) to pay down the second line...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

No there store cards at Target don't work like that. At best buy you can pay the sales tax with the gift card if you buy in the syore

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, Best Buy has the best options for using  cards.  Lots of specials too.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
No there store cards at Target don't work like that. At best buy you can pay the sales tax with the gift card if you buy in the syore

Good to know, I was thinking no, but it never hurts to ask...

You never know when someone has some good stacking options!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

OK, I finally completed the order on the phone with a wonderful customer service rep.  I got to pay most of it down and had to get the next for a small amount which she said I could pay off in a couple of months but may be able to do  sooner.  So.........I am a Happy camper!!!    I probably could have purchased at a company  AT&T store but I live about 100 miles or more from one of those, but it may have had the same result as the phone order.  I saw a post by another customer who paid hers off in 6 days so I guess she had the same issue.

Thank you all so very much for your help!!  Hopefully this will help someone else 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ggddgg wrote:

OK, I finally completed the order on the phone with a wonderful customer service rep.  I got to pay most of it down and had to get the next for a small amount which she said I could pay off in a couple of months but may be able to do  sooner.  So.........I am a Happy camper!!!    

Excellent!!!

Check your plan and make sure it reflects everything properly (and again when it ships and gets turned on and billed), these are the crucial times when things get messy... 

Keep in mind your new phone will eat more data:

• Sites will send larger video and photos to you (more data).
  • It's faster so the few seconds you look at a web page it will complete loading it in the background, before you might have clicked a link before it finished.
  • Watching the first 10 seconds of a video will pull down a lot more video than it did in the past in the background.
  • It's got a larger screen so it's a different experience so you'll possibly even use it more (that'll use additional data too!).

So keep an eye on your data plan or increase it for the first few months (the latter is my real suggestion). Overages cost WAY too much, a $15 overage gets you 1GB where $20-$30 more on the data plan gets you 10GB or so...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@ggddgg  Don't pay off until you have the gift card in hand.   Read the fine print.   Many offers pay a credit to your account, which won't be paid if the Next installment is paid off.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks so very much for your help!!  I finally got the new phones and Love them:)   I will monitor my data usage closely.  I plan on getting a larger plan next month if it doesn't appear to go over the rest of the month.  I didn't want a prorated second amount. So far so good!  Happy, Happy, Happy! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.