Explore & discover

Helpful Links

online only order cancelled for in person id verification, how to redeem after completing request?

Highlighted
Contributor

online only order cancelled for in person id verification, how to redeem after completing request?

I placed an order for 4 lines to add my family and switch over to at&t from tmobile after 5 years and after placing the online order for the $300 reward card and 2 bogo deals for the iphone 11 and 11pro I was emailed that my order was cancelled as i had to verify id in a store, after i went to the store and spent hours waiting I was told i would not be able to receive my $300 reward card as the promotion expired, I did not delay at all and visited the store the same day I received the email to verify id which was days after i placed the order when the promotion was active. No one helped since they would not benefit for online orders or get commission on them. No one had a solution. Although I even confirmed online before placing the order from the online representatives that should I incur any issues like this I would be able to redeem this. I was told the opposite after Ithe order was placed and cancelled, I am miserable from the agony of having to go from place to place, to have this resolved, if this is how the service is at AT&T I dont care anymore I'm not going to bring my current 4 and future 2 additional lines here. I might not get a response and I'm probably wasting my time here because AT&T doesnt seem to care, Bt I'll make sure I steer clear and save anyone the trouble I had to go through just to end up with nothing if they need a new phone carrier. I hope no one has to go through what I did with these people. Please dont make people miserable enough to the point where writing reviews like this dont compare to what they went through. I'm not even an unreasonable customer, I'm literally friends with the people that have helped me at Tmobile even if they dont have as good a deal as at&t did, atleast i wouldnt waste my life running in circles to never get anything with them.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: online only order cancelled for in person id verification, how to redeem after completing reques

@arhammohammad, you made yourself more frustrated than necessary. 

You placed an order online and it was canceled because you can’t place an online order due to identity issues. You went to a store as required and were told what you could do. That should have been the end. You made the situation frustrating by refusing to accept that and searching for someone to give you an answer you wanted rather than the correct answer. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by arhammohammad
‎10-05-2019 7:43 AM

Re: online only order cancelled for in person id verification, how to redeem after completing reques

@arhammohammad   The $300 deal is one per account. So move one or two lines over in store.  Once your account is set up, Then go home and transfer the rest online for the phone deals.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support