oh brother some CS

Contributor

oh brother some CS

Hi,All my daughters were shearing for a deal for their old man meaning me.Target had the 5s at 119.00 so I called ATT consumer services she started to say that AA would match the price.I asked her for what would the new phone affect my monthly service for two lines about 123.55 for the two phones.Free talk and text and we share 4 GB between my wife and I ....Now she tells me it would be 24 months @27.08 I didnt have a calulator and I agreed to it then when I got home I finally relaize the cost of the phone is 649.92 she put me in the next program since I agreed to it now I have to wait for the phone and return it to cancel the order to make me whole.She didnt tell me how much I whould be paying....I gort that email later in the day they should have told me before me ordering I am not a happy customer and it leaves me with a bitter taste 

Message 1 of 5 (394 Views)
Scholar

Re: oh brother some CS

It seems like you were not awake at the time you make the order. I don't think you can get back the old plan even though you still within the return period because I think once you leave the old plan, you might not get it back.
Message 2 of 5 (350 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, Retiredin!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about the recent confusion regarding the Next upgrade program. We would be happy to review your account and explore other options, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (344 Views)
ACE - Master

Retiredin wrote:

Hi,All my daughters were shearing for a deal for their old man meaning me.Target had the 5s at 119.00 so I called ATT consumer services she started to say that AA would match the price.I asked her for what would the new phone affect my monthly service for two lines about 123.55 for the two phones.Free talk and text and we share 4 GB between my wife and I ....Now she tells me it would be 24 months @27.08 I didnt have a calulator and I agreed to it then when I got home I finally relaize the cost of the phone is 649.92 she put me in the next program since I agreed to it now I have to wait for the phone and return it to cancel the order to make me whole.She didnt tell me how much I whould be paying....I gort that email later in the day they should have told me before me ordering I am not a happy customer and it leaves me with a bitter taste 

So she tells you the cost is $27.08 a month for 24 months and somehow it's her fault you don't realize how much that is? You couldn't have asked her how much that adds up to?

For what it is worth, since you have the mobile share plan, if you decide to get the phone from Target, you will also get a new 2 year contract and your monthly service for that line will increase $15 for the length of the contract plus you will be charged a $36 upgrade fee. In other words, if you buy the phone from Target, it will cost you $119 + 24 * 15 + 36 = $518. That's a littly cheaper than Next but not quite as cheap as you are probably expecting.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (329 Views)
Contributor

Thanks Sandblaster and for everyone getting back to me with my phone.Clearing something is wrong when you tell a CS pearson what I was planning to do and then tried to make be pay full boat.Not that I wanted to hurt her or anything like that but come one people what have we(ATT) become used car salesman crooked general contractors skecthy people we all run into to time after time.I remember all to well when the Bell system ment family ma bell I know I came from there 31 yrs  rant over.

PS I did say a plaver for her 

Message 5 of 5 (224 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.