Need help understanding your bill?
Brynn17's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 16th, 2017 6:07 PM

Unlimited data plan price hike again

So I guess you'll just keep raising the grandfathered unlimited data plan by five dollars until everyone moves over. Way to support your long-term loyal customers.

Thanks At&T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Recently you raised my price $5 per line because I have unlimited data. Just received another letter stating it will be raised another $5 per line. I have been with the company since I was in high school and it was Cell One. I have never missed one payment. Instead of rewarding such a customer why would you punish them? Please give me any good reason not to leave to go to another company that will happily give me unlimited and treat me kin the good customer I am? Just read an article how AT&T is on the decline over the last 60 days and I see why. I guess you don't value your customers.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

That price raise was essentially a year ago. Being punished? Show me another company that has unlimited data for $40 a month.  Tenure isn't the only factor that determines how good a customer is or isn't. There are a lot of factors that determine the value.

Data isn't cheap. It's a commodity that's price has increased due to network expansion and deployment and a lot of other factors.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@PReed8 wrote:
Recently you raised my price $5 per line because I have unlimited data. Just received another letter stating it will be raised another $5 per line. I have been with the company since I was in high school and it was Cell One. I have never missed one payment. Instead of rewarding such a customer why would you punish them?

(Recently was a year ago).

It's not punishment, as people and phones use more data, the cost of the plan is going to go up. Phones are way faster and have much larger screens then when you got this plan, both of those mean more data usage.  More data usage means higher cost. 

Even if you aren't using more data, if many of the thousands of others are, that makes the plan cost more and prices will go up.

If you're not using that much data switch plans, we're saving money since I ditched my unlimited! And I can tether my iPad and laptop too. And roam free in Canada and Mexico and better internation travel and other things I can't think of right now (did I say I'm saving morey?).

Do NOT assume other companies have the same coverage.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So with Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile all offering unlimited data why is AT&T continuing to raise my cost of my grandfathered in unlimited data plan? Maybe after 16 years it will be time to leave AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Idyllwild wrote:
So with Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile all offering unlimited data why is AT&T continuing to raise my cost of my grandfathered in unlimited data plan? Maybe after 16 years it will be time to leave AT&T?

Why wouldn't they? That decision was made before they rolled out unlimited plans. Back down from that???

They want people off the old outdated plans, I think they'd offer a new cheaper plan before lowering the price on that one. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So i have an unlimited data plan and got the notice of the rate increase.  If I want to jump ship to T-mobile to take advantage of their new program that started today, can I do so and get the ETF waived?  It is not clear if I have to wait until the fee appears on my statement or whether I'm good to go after I am notified of the rate increase.  Thanks in advance for the help.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@smustang   As the email states, you have to wait for the new charge to get an ETF waived.

This is only valid for lines with unlimited data and a 2 year contract.  

Tier data or Next lines don't qualify.  

If you intend to use your current phone, you will have to expect it will take 2-4 weeks to finalize your last bill payment in order to unlock it.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@smustang wrote:

So i have an unlimited data plan and got the notice of the rate increase.  If I want to jump ship to T-mobile to take advantage of their new program that started today, can I do so and get the ETF waived?  It is not clear if I have to wait until the fee appears on my statement or whether I'm good to go after I am notified of the rate increase.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Doesn't the notice say within 60 days of appearing on your bill? If it's not on your bill, then I wouldn't do it.

You'd be bummed later, right?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've been with ATT a long time and what do they do for my loyalty - try to displease me by raising my unlimited data price twice in the almost last year period. My contract is up soon, I hate to switch but it looks like Verizon wants my business !!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I recieved a letter stating that if i dont accept the raise hike that i have 3 months to cancel without early termination charge.

ATT did not honor that. they made me pay $165 early termination fee or they wouldnt unlock my phone for my new service  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.