my bill keeps showing small amounts of data used

Contributor

my bill keeps showing small amounts of data used

I am trying to figure out what small data usages showing up on my phone bill are caused by the amounts range from 1Kb to 10Kb, are these online text messages that show as data usage instead like yahoo, or Hotmail chat ect? Or maybe from a chat app. On my smartphone? Just trying to figure out would use such a small amount of data often? 

Message 1 of 4 (408 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: my bill keeps showing small amounts of data used

1kb or 10kb really isn't much data, I would compare that to a grain of sugar. Smiley Tongue

Depending on the smartphone you have, the phone may update applications in the background to give you the most accurate info, weather etc. This is perhaps what you are seeing. Is your device an Android? If so, you can turn off the background data function which will stop all data usage unless you access the applications and Internet.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (381 Views)
Expert

Fillygirl wrote:

I am trying to figure out what small data usages showing up on my phone bill are caused by the amounts range from 1Kb to 10Kb, are these online text messages that show as data usage instead like yahoo, or Hotmail chat ect? Or maybe from a chat app. On my smartphone? Just trying to figure out would use such a small amount of data often? 

By any chance is this a iphone - if so it is imessage send to another apple device

Message 3 of 4 (376 Views)
Contributor

The phone is a G2 windows phone, so could it be from a message app. Between two windows phones?
Message 4 of 4 (279 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.