my bill keeps showing small amounts of data used

Contributor

my bill keeps showing small amounts of data used

I am trying to figure out what small data usages showing up on my phone bill are caused by the amounts range from 1Kb to 10Kb, are these online text messages that show as data usage instead like yahoo, or Hotmail chat ect? Or maybe from a chat app. On my smartphone? Just trying to figure out would use such a small amount of data often? 

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: my bill keeps showing small amounts of data used

1kb or 10kb really isn't much data, I would compare that to a grain of sugar. Smiley Tongue

Depending on the smartphone you have, the phone may update applications in the background to give you the most accurate info, weather etc. This is perhaps what you are seeing. Is your device an Android? If so, you can turn off the background data function which will stop all data usage unless you access the applications and Internet.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Expert

Fillygirl wrote:

I am trying to figure out what small data usages showing up on my phone bill are caused by the amounts range from 1Kb to 10Kb, are these online text messages that show as data usage instead like yahoo, or Hotmail chat ect? Or maybe from a chat app. On my smartphone? Just trying to figure out would use such a small amount of data often? 

By any chance is this a iphone - if so it is imessage send to another apple device

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

The phone is a G2 windows phone, so could it be from a message app. Between two windows phones?
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support