Need help understanding your bill?
Starn's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, September 30th, 2011 2:53 AM

is this message real?? from 11113000

AT&T Free Msg: You and your FamilyTalk members now have FREE calling to ANY U.S. mobile phone. We've upgraded your messaging plan to Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling at NO additional cost to you. Just our way of saying thank you for being an AT&T customer.

and if this is real does this mean i can call any mobile phone verizon t-mobile sprint straight talk boost mobile etc???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Yes the message is real....

As to your second question, that is how I would interpret it as your voice plan already has mobile to mobile for any ATT phone.

Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling

Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging.
You need a compatible plan and phone to get this service. 
See compatible:  Phonesshow and  Plansshow

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Indeed this message is legitimate! 🙂 You can call any cell in the U.S from any mobile provider (Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile etc) and it will not count toward your minutes plan! 🙂

Hope that helps!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Would like to haves AT&T staff state so.. but guess senior guru and a ninja will do haha why did they randomally change my plan with out contacting me? I do admit ill enjoy free calling to mobile phones. Considering I was looking into using google voice and stuff as an alternative to calling to non AT&T people. Seeing how I use voice on my pc sometimes for business calls. Anyways thanks guys.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

13 years ago

AT&T chiming in as requested 😉

These guys nailed it. The message is legit and you don't have to do anything to take advantage of this upgrade of your service.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

@Starn wrote:
why did they randomally change my plan with out contacting me?

They are enhancing the plan you have by giving you more for the same price.  As for contacting you, that is what the SMS message is for.  In the grand scheme of things, they have changed some of their plans as they have eliminted the A-List for new plans.  Existing users with the A-list do not loose that option. 

Enjoy!

Guru

• 

641 Messages

13 years ago

@youngjm wrote:

@Starn wrote:
why did they randomally change my plan with out contacting me?

They are enhancing the plan you have by giving you more for the same price.  As for contacting you, that is what the SMS message is for.  In the grand scheme of things, they have changed some of their plans as they have eliminted the A-List for new plans.  Existing users with the A-list do not loose that option. 

Enjoy!

*correction* Existing users with the A-list feature are currently grandfathered into it. They are able to retain the feature, unless it's removed either by choice or by changing to an ineligible rate plan. At that point, grandfathered status is lost, and the feature is irretrievable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.