if your auto updated broke my phone why do i have tO PAY

Contributor

if your auto updated broke my phone why do i have tO PAY

I HAVE BEEN WITH AT&T SINCE BEFORE SINGULAR...BUT WHAT IM GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW WITH YOU PEOPLE IS DISGRACEFUL. YOU AUTOMATICALLY  UPGRADE MY PHONE WHICH CAUSED MY CAMERA TO NOT WORK.SEVEN DAYS AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES..AND YOU WONT REPLACE MY PHONE YOU WANT ME TO PAY FOR IT...A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY AND YOU PASS THE BUCK TO SAMSUNG SAYING YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE UPGRADE...OVER TWENTY YEARS IM WITH AT&T. OVER TWENTY YEARS. NOT TO MENTION THE LAST THREE  BILLS TOTALLED OVER.....$1300.00...YES...$1300.00..YES...$1300.00...$1300.00...VALERIE OF WARRANTY SHOULD GET FIRED ....WHEN I LEAVE AT&T...

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: if your auto updated broke my phone why do i have tO PAY

raygunnn69 wrote:

A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY AND YOU PASS THE BUCK TO SAMSUNG SAYING YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE UPGRADE...OVER TWENTY YEARS IM WITH AT&T. OVER TWENTY YEARS. NOT TO MENTION THE LAST

First, please do not use all capitals. In addition to being the internet-equivalent of shouting, it's very difficult to read. 

Updates are controlled by the manufacturer. AT&T wasn't passing the buck, they were simply telling you the truth. Have you contacted Samsung?

You might also try to post on the Android forum with your specific issue and someone there might be able to help. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Sometime when the problem does resolve, your best option is to leave this carrier because you know that complaining will not help you go anywhere.

Message 3 of 4
Employee

I don't have AT&T, but I do have an Android (LG Optimus) phone.  When they put out an update, suddenly my phone was acting strange.

Pandora no longer worked due to an "Unexpected Error", same with some picture editing applications.  When I tried to download applications or updates for other things, I was notified that I had "Insufficient Storage Space" when I in fact had plenty.  And the "Swype" feature would no longer work, or a keyboard would not show up at all.  Very, very frustrating. 

This is not the service provider's fault, but rather the manufacturer of the phone itself and the updates that it is putting out. 

After doing some research on Google and going through random forums, I eventually found a solution for my problem(s). It took me about two hours before I was able  to fix the problem myself (with the help of the internet and forum users)... but it got fixed. And my phone is perfectly fine now.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support