Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPhone 6 will not unlock

Tutor

iPhone 6 will not unlock

Hi, I purchased my Iphone6 from bestbuy and paid the phone off the day I purchased it, over a year ago. I am having issues being able to unlock it. I’ve submitted an online request and have been waiting 4 days, status is: we are reviewing your request. I submitted my request for my other iPhone and it was unlocked within minutes. I know there has to be some issue. Customer service said the IMEI is showing as not having att service, when in fact my line is connected via att.

-I am not a prepaid customer

-I bought the phone for $700 full price and paid it off the day I bought it

-I have my phone still connected with att and want to switch carriers but can not as my phone is being held hostage. 

Please help. Ty

Message 1 of 6
Tutor

Re: iPhone 6 will not unlock

No, I am not a prepaid customer. I have a monthly unlimited plan.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage

The iPhone 6 was sold last year for $200-350 off the ATT prepaid rack in Best Buy.  If this is how you purchased the phone, it required ATT prepaid service for 6 months to qualify for unlocking.   This may be why it won’t unlock.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

I paid full price for the phone, $700, paid it all off the day I bought it over 1 year ago. I wish I paid the sale price!!
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎10-12-2018 5:13 AM

@Movega82

Not if you wanted it unlocked....it would not be eligible.  

Thanks for the edit, although it screws up the continuity of conversation. 

In your case the phone never registered properly.  You will have to call and ask for tech support. They can manually verify the IMEI and register, see the phone is eligible and process unlock request.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
Tutor

Customer service opened a ticket on 10/9 and they were able to unlock my phone today. They think my phone was merged to a different line which posed an issue. Thanks for the help, appreciate it.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support