Need help understanding your bill?
hummer517's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 4th, 2018 4:48 PM

discount for seniors

I am 63 years old and have been a customer for 18 years and what to know why I  have to wait until I'm 65 for a discount , I am getting offers from other companies on a senior discount , also I am a AARP member and I need to receive that discount .  I really don't want to change carriers . what can you offer me 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@MicCheck

@MicCheck  Actually they no longer offer the senior plan.  It was a “nationwide” type plan and very limited.  

The best plan for seniors is prepaid.  Which is already discounted and some packages allow multi line discount as well as auto pay.  

You can add AARP discount online.  Login to AARP.  https://advantages.aarp.org/en/offer.atandt.10042.html

Select the ATT discount and follow the prompts when it says “buy” and then redirect to your ATT account login.

BTW.  Please review your plan cost.  New plans may be cheaper and offer more than old plans.  Your My ATT account has a plan comparison tool.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

AT&T doesn’t offer a senior discount. They do have a very limited Senior plan, which is almost insulting given how tech savvy a lot of today’s senior citizens are. 

As as for the age requirement, it has to be somewhere. 65 is a pretty standard age. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.