For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
lauriegalovic's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 9th, 2016 5:28 PM

contact info for corporate headquarters

I want to contact at & t headquarters regarding my experience with customer service department. On October 6th 2016 I called at & t inquiring about trading in my Samsung Galaxy 6 Active. It's getting hot when I use it. There is offer for at &t to pay off up to $650 for bringing new customers to their services. Was told they would not allow me switch my phone without paying termination fees. I told agent that Verizon is willing to buy me out now. Agent would not waive fee and was willing to let me switch to Verizon. Worker texted me all the information needed to switch over to Verizon. I ask this question to all persons working at a t & t, how many of you have gotten rid of your Samsung phones ? I gave you a chance to retain me as a customer and the response I got was information on what I need to switch to your competition ! After this experience with a t &t  customer service, I would never recommend anyone to use your company as their cell provider.

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

I can save you the trouble, because you won't get any help there, you aren't entitled to any.

It is normal for a phone to get hot while charging or during heavy use.  It should not be so hot that you can't hold it.  If the phone is fixable, it can be done easily by factory resetting the phone.

If not fixable, then you need warranty help from Samsung or to be covered by insurance. 

As for why you are not getting what you want....

The phone is yours.  Warranty is from Samsung for one year.  It is not ANY carriers responsibility to replace our phones.

If your phone is defective, it cannot be traded in.  AT&T is unwilling to budge because they know Verizon won't give you anything for trade in of a defective phone.   Verizon requires your $650 trade in be in good working and excellent physical condition.  If it's defective, no carrier will give you the trade in credit.  I can GUARANTEE they will tell you different to get you to switch, because then your stuck with them.  Even if you get past the initial inspection, the credit will be void once the figure out you traded in a defective phone.  You should read the fine print on Verizon's offer before you try to use it as leverage.  

Contact Samsung about a warranty replacement or your are on your own. 

BTW. I own a Samsung GS6. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T

This is my last try...have tried phone calls and letters.....I had a phone in my apartment in Chicago. I seldom used it but wanted to keep a landline. For months, it was not functioning and I could not get the AT&T people to deal with it, so I put a stop payment on my automatic deductions at my bank account.  NOW I hear from AT&T regularly, or more specifically, their collection agency, for the $70 something they claim I owe. Once they sent me a notice of this money due, but AFTER the calls started coming. I get several a day.  I didn't have service for months - the company owes me for paying for months with no service! But  now you are gigantic harassers!

So, help, if you will, one last time, AT&T, please. Former ATT number: ***  to look me up and to please fix.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@CB1445  If you were contacting wireless for a landline, it no surprise you didn't get results.   

If your service didn't work, and calling home phone support didn't get it fixed, calling every month to say, " the phone still doesn't work, you can't bill me for a non working phone". Insist on credits each month.  Then call to cancel.  Not paying your bill is no way to terminate service.  

https://www.att.com/esupport/index.jsp?product=homephone

contact information.  https://www.att.com/contactus/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I called AT&T to fix the problem, that didnt work. So i then wrote a paper, old fashioned letter to AT&T and never got a response.

Not providing contracted service, and not fixing problems or answering mail, is no way for a business to operate. And why not cut off paying? At&T had cut off service and was still billing. Your logic makes no sense.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Because not paying doesn't stop billing, as you now see.  ATT will bill, then send your to collections and ruin your credit.  

You didn't say you called to dispute each bill because the phone didn't work.

You didn't say you canceled service 

Now you set yourself up to get screwed by not paying.  Not the way to get things done.

And now that you won't pay, ATT won't deal with you until the account is current.  You boxed yourself in.    Send a message through the forum to @ATTMobilityCare and hope they will help you even though your in default.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.