Explore & discover

Helpful Links

charge for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail

Contributor

charge for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail

What is visual voicemail?  I am being billed $40 a month on both phones.

Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: charge for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail

It's not a charge for visual voicemail, it's just your line charge. If you are out of contract it should have a discount listed right under it
Message 2 of 19
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎04-08-2017 9:14 AM

That is your line fee that covers unlimited talk and text. You are not paying for visual voicemail. That is included at no extra charge. Line fees are $40 only if your phones are under contract or you have the old unlimited data plan that required Directv service. If you are under contract, your line fee will drop $15-$25 when your contract ends, depending on which plan you have.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 19
Contributor

If I am not being charged $40 for voicemail, then what am I paying $40 for?

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the line of service. It's $40 with or without voicemail. You get a discount of $15-$25 if you are not under s contract 

Message 5 of 19
ACE - Sage

@Cookrmakr   Read post 3

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 19
Contributor

Thanks!!!
Message 7 of 19
Contributor

Why do customers have to pay to connect to the network when we are already paying for a call and data plan?

Message 8 of 19
Contributor

Why are we charged a "line fee" when we are already paying for a data, message, and call plan? How can you have a plan without a connection to the network? Isn't this double billing?

Message 9 of 19
ACE - Master

@smeyerson wrote:

Why are we charged a "line fee" when we are already paying for a data, message, and call plan? How can you have a plan without a connection to the network? Isn't this double billing?

Because that's how the plans are set up. There is a single price for the plan, and then each line pays to use that plan. The plan is the same price no matter how many lines are using it

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smeyerson it's not double charging, one pays for the base data the other pays for the minutes and stuff that goes along with it. If it were a flat price like you are wanting, if you have 1 line and somebody else has 10 lines you will pay the exact same. That hardly seems fair does it? 

Message 11 of 19
ACE - Sage

@smeyerson wrote:

Name a carrier that does not charge for the line…  You can’t.   All carriers charge for each device on the network.  

Every device gets a phone number and is charged for access.  

Prepaid service wraps it up as one dollar amount, more data pays a higher amount.  

Postpaid multi line plans are priced ala carte.  A data plan and each device on the account pays for access.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 12 of 19
ACE - Expert

@MarkLeavenworth You really don’t need to find every old VVM thread and post this. Once is enough. Considering your solution will only apply to very few customers, just no need to post this on multiple threads, please.

Message 13 of 19

• @sandblasterDid you know someone is hacking the forum and removing my posts regarding Google Voice notifications over wifi?
Message 14 of 19
ACE - Expert

@MarkLeavenworth wrote:

@sandblasterDid you know someone is hacking the forum and removing my posts?

As you're posting the same thing over and over to OLD posts (pretty much a violation of the terms), it's probably someone from AT&T removing your duplicate posts.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 15 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support