Need help understanding your bill?
jfxc12's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 13th, 2018 1:33 PM

can i get calls to two numbers on one phone?

i have a longstanding Illinois area code number, but now live in Florida and would like to have a local number.  can i have both numbers ring to one phone?  or set up some kind of auto-forward of calls to my old number?

I'd be happy to pay for two lines, just don't want to have two devices.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

6 years ago

Using your old number for calls with your new phone is fairly simple as long as you don’t mind paying for both lines, all calls can be forwarded to the new number using the old device to set up.  Find the call forward option in the settings of the device you no longer want to carry and type your new number in.  If both devices are Apple you can also use your Apple ID to have text messages forwarded as well.  This would be done in the messaging settings by enabling text forwarding, both Apple devices must be using the same Apple ID in order to accomplish this.  Hope this helps! 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

You could get a local number, then port it to google voice.  You would need a second cheap phone temporarily.   However you only get a state area code, not a local city number unless you get a landline. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

In addition to the suggestions above, you could also get a dual SIM card phone so that the two numbers were active on the same phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

TY but would i need to get a new phone to accomplish that?  my current one is fairly new.  what i really want is to keep the old line and have calls to it forward to my new local phone number- without changing phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@jfxc12

You cant have 2 numbers on one SIM card.  And ATT does not have dual sim phones, so that option would mean a new phone.  

You could pick up a prepaid phone (like $30)  long enough to port your home number to ATT cellular, then port from cell to GV.  The hitch is google voice won’t take a landline directly,  but it will let you port a cell line.  

You can then make and receive calls on both numbers on one phone.   It’s also cheap as google voice only charges for the port, no monthly fee.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.