Explore & discover

Helpful Links

being charged for devices that smartlabel not show as returned . sitting at warranty center in texas

Tutor

being charged for devices that smartlabel not show as returned . sitting at warranty center in texas

Someone help please im exhausted and cant seem to progress a inch on this matter

I bought the new samsung 8 plus and recieved a so called FREE smart watch in the store may 18th . looking i see they gave me a sim card with a 2 year agreement and also sim card with a phone number from a different state which i cannot have its for my business. they said they opened a new line instead of doing an upgrade and the only way to get those 2 lines off is return them in the 14 day return period and then upgrade. dont want this to be forever here it goes dropped 8 plus next day before I got to return it.  filed a claim . sent me a new phone for 250.00 instead of replacing glass for 89 .mailed unopened watch and phone within the 14 days back in april. to this day that newgistics is not showing anything for the tracking # AT & T provided but im a full on investigator and tracked them down to fort worth texas . 3 weeks no phone go to store to upgrade have tracking . they say call customer care. youll love this.she says that is  not our return center  thats the warranty center . ok since AT&T provided the labels . plus since assurion replaced the whole phone its not our phone they have their own .you have to pay 550.00 paying the phone off to upgrade today they proballey  refused it thats why its not showing up. yet I got a 99 cent refund for my watch and it was sent to the same address . she said then I could just sell the phone and get my money back. that was 20 phone calls and 5 forums ago . no movement on tracking phone sitting in fort worth . please advice what to do im out 900.00 .and bought a unlocked phone from best buy . oh heres the icing on the cake . im being charged installment fees, monthly services fees and onetime activation fees when i never activated them and they admitted to having them . going on bill # 2 they are on there and i even used 1 gb of data on a watch 12 states away. what the double hockey sticks do you know thats illegal . ?   I cannot get anyone to help me and i call 2 times a day all with broken promises . pretty muchs lies. thank you if you actually made it to this point and can tell me do i just go to consumer affairs and FTC ? HELP PLEASE Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: being charged for devices that smartlabel not show as returned . sitting at warranty center in t

@bebe2017 wrote:

Someone help please im exhausted and cant seem to progress a inch on this matter

I bought the new samsung 8 plus and recieved a so called FREE smart watch in the store may 18th . looking i see they gave me a sim card with a 2 year agreement and also sim card with a phone number from a different state which i cannot have its for my business. they said they opened a new line instead of doing an upgrade and the only way to get those 2 lines off is return them in the 14 day return period and then upgrade. dont want this to be forever here it goes dropped 8 plus next day before I got to return it.  filed a claim . sent me a new phone for 250.00 instead of replacing glass for 89 .mailed unopened watch and phone within the 14 days back in april. to this day that newgistics is not showing anything for the tracking # AT & T provided but im a full on investigator and tracked them down to fort worth texas . 3 weeks no phone go to store to upgrade have tracking . they say call customer care. youll love this.she says that is  not our return center  thats the warranty center . ok since AT&T provided the labels . plus since assurion replaced the whole phone its not our phone they have their own .you have to pay 550.00 paying the phone off to upgrade today they proballey  refused it thats why its not showing up. yet I got a 99 cent refund for my watch and it was sent to the same address . she said then I could just sell the phone and get my money back. that was 20 phone calls and 5 forums ago . no movement on tracking phone sitting in fort worth . please advice what to do im out 900.00 .and bought a unlocked phone from best buy . oh heres the icing on the cake . im being charged installment fees, monthly services fees and onetime activation fees when i never activated them and they admitted to having them . going on bill # 2 they are on there and i even used 1 gb of data on a watch 12 states away. what the double hockey sticks do you know thats illegal . ?   I cannot get anyone to help me and i call 2 times a day all with broken promises . pretty muchs lies. thank you if you actually made it to this point and can tell me do i just go to consumer affairs and FTC ? HELP PLEASE Smiley Happy 

@bebe2017

YOU CANT RETURN A BROKEN DEVICE PERIOD....  EVEN THO YOU HAD IT REPLACED...  The IMEI does not match the phone you were sold.  Once you dropped the phone and broke it you were no longer allowed your 14 day buyers remorse period.  Tell them to ship the phone back to you since they know where it is as they are never going to process the return.  This is a combo of ATT's fault and yours.  They should have shipped the phone back once the IMEI did not match the phone you were sold.

Capture.PNG

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Re: being charged for devices that smartlabel not show as returned . sitting at warranty center in t

I am fully aware I should not have taken the advice of 2 different store manegers with step by step instructions manditory i had to replace the cracked screen before returning it and fully aware assurion was supposed to only charge 89.00 for screen replacement instead I see my bill 225.00 deductable for a used reburbished phone to replace my 2 day old phone. im also aware no matter what since I bought the phone in the store to never use AT & T newgistic not so smart label to return it through the mail. makes no sense. besides I should have had a lawyer to read the fine print and besides I know now a AT & T manager doesnt know the correct procedure yes we can blame this on me im fine with that because you missed my whole point I was not looking to blame someone for things that have already transpired . thats buyer beware and lesson learned . my problem is that besides all that B. S. and that it took a month for the used refurbished phone to show up on AT &T eyes I saw it returned and had been without a phone for 3 weeks ,. so tell me if this is a problem I paid 300.00 down on the samsung that I dropped after 2 days another 225.00 for used replacement deductable instead of 89.00 for glass ive been charged 2 eip payments a onetime activation fee even though i never once put that sim card in the phone or made a call and now 2 months of service on that line even after they see its been returned wont remove it. so thats another 140.00. lets add before i go on so 665.00 and no phone . Wait im not finished that was week 3 so i need a phone for work and I have an upgrade on on my line go to the store and was told no not until AT& T sees it at thier return center ( apparentley not so smart label sent my phone to warranty center instead they tell me . I guess ill take the blame since I used the label  AT& T  customer care provided . or  they ssid pay off the phone which I would of had to do anyways in light of the small print and assurion and AT &;T phones are totally different she said (meaning one company has junk phones) so I paid another 556.00 to pay of the used phone because I needed a phone so bad . then I said to myself well I can waif a day or 2 I paid it off they will rush it to me dhe even told me it was probally rejected by the  warranty dept and onits way back . ok  today may 23rd in cash paid to AT and T 1665.00 Ask me if I have the phone back that i paid for or a any phone at all. I basically gave them that money because its my fault and I call them everyday with no answers on how to get a phone I have a reciept paid in full and still on my bill getting charged for EIP payments  even though im not in a contract since I paid it and yes I looked no contract and the phone is still in texas i guess but i pay for data texting ect..they promise me every day it wil, be tAken off in 24 to 48 hours and no answer or help beside tranferring me too assurion whe has so fzr hung up on me saying it a AT & T problem. so if I take the blame who will help me either get what I paid for and refund my monthly charges or is this a case for the FTC aand or Consumer affsirs im not calling anymore or posting anymore its been a  month . and that 650. 00 to switch carriers is a lie people regretting I ever saw that sign its the only reason i joined . worse experience even though its my fault I  guess.  ever 

Message 3 of 5
Tutor

I want to be clear im asking where us this phone I paid around 1,100.00 for the 225.00 is all me i had to pay that . the monthly sevice charges for a phone thats been sitting in texas , the activation fee for a phone i never activated or used and the eip payments  on a phone I paid more than full price need to be reversed. Im not going to go into this but it wax an AT & T employee that screwed my phone order up when i pre ordered thats the whole reason for the return I just had the extra good luck of dropping it after I started the return 

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@bebe2017 I think the $89 for glass is only if you replace it locally (which isn't available everywhere), I haven't heard of anyone mailing in for $89 replacement. (Not saying it doesn't happen, just hadn't heard of it)

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support