For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
theimortal1974's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, November 30th, 2015 6:01 AM

being charge for a FREE tablet

i went to an att kiosk on may 15th 2015.  i told them i wanted a tablet.  they said if you get a samsung s6 you would get a free samsung tablet.  i had to give up my iphone to do it.  6 months later i see on my bill that they have been charging me a monthly installment for my FREE tablet.  i chatted with someone online and they  made a case and looked into it admitting that it was a mistake and it should be free.  a month later there is still another charge on the free tablet.  i call and they tell me the case was closed and not only will not refund the money they fraudulently took but the will keep taking money.  they deny there ever was a free tablet.  finally i talk to a manager and she was all nice and understanding and said she would look into it.  tonight i look at my bill and i was charged 209.99 (the remaining balance on my free tablet) all at once AND it was past due.  

i talked to a manager and he said there is no such thing as a free tablet.  the manager i talked to lied to me to get me off the phone.

am beyond *** right now.  att is not getting a single *** dime from me.  they can take it to a collection agency.  if i ever find proof that i was promised a free tablet i will [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

My God. Thank you so Much for replying! This makes me So Mad!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Geesh, the tablet is free, but you’re buying from a CELLULAR carrier, and the service is not free.  Should NOT be surprised as that’s their business, selling CELLULAR service.  🤦‍♀️

If you want a bargain tablet shop Amazon sale days for their Fire tablets.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The “geesh” is about the fact that they openly lie about the data service being free when they con you with a “free” tablet. Then they charge you for the data. Has nothing to do about being naive at a cellular provider store but about being lied to.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

It's deceptive sales tactics.  They make the choice to sell more phones by telling customers that tablets are "free" with the hope these same customers will sign papers and not see the $10 a month data plan for two years.  At the same time,  because of this, we made the choice to never buy any phone from AT&T again. There are better and more ethical places to purchase phones. 

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

@hliban

im not sure why they didnt tell you all things.

the device is free not the service and most of free devices on att is under contract. you should ask whats the catch on freebies.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I agree ... this is something I definitely learned. Always question "free". However I still will never agree with this type of sales tactic ... nor do I respect or condone companies who encourage it.  They may have gotten a sale from me ... but they have not gotten a return customer.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I had same stunt pulled on me over the phone when I renewed a business landline ... just renew with us at x amount snd we'll give you a tablet .   I told th I did not want the tablet Not only did I not receive the tablet but it's been on my bill every month for a year linked to some mobile phone number I do not have . 

Trying to get this remedied has been a nightmare . I just wrote to Illinois Attorney General today for help.  

No integrity ..... I'm going to pull the plug on my home service and go to Xfinity.   At& T should be punished for this scam. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Exactly! They are a one of the worst scammers ever. Almost feel like the Nigerian scammers!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

They sent a bill I already paid a year ago to collections...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

They sent a $400 bill I already paid them a year ago to collections... save your recipts people.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.