Need help understanding your bill?
ransom1's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 1:38 AM

at&t holding my paid off phone hostage

contacted at&t to unlock my paid off phone they reffered me to a website device unlock portal ,after following instruction, it asked are u a wireless customer and i answered no, because the phone is not on or in a contract with at&t while following instruction i was denied reason for denial my account was not in good standing. now i have to explain that this phone is not under any contract and the phone completly paid off this phone is not associated with any number, i spoke to 4 diffrent managers to resolve my issue i got hung up by the first manager,The second manager understood my situation and told me there could be a glitch in the system, or maybe I sumitted the device unlock portal wrong , then he said i should have no problem to unlock the phone.I tried the device unlock portal again and recieved the same result. So i called again and spoke to manager number 3 and he proceeded to tell me that at&t has the right to do whatever they want on my paid phone, let me remind you that this phone is paid in full and hung up on me! so this last time i called again to create a case number so i can resolve this problem, manager tranfered the call without my knowledge to a department which i dont know. this situation sounds like a law suite to me . at&t cannot tell anyone what to do with something u own. last time i check we live in America not a communist country. let me remind u again this phone is not under contract nor does it belong to no phone number. unjust
\

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same problem.  I believe what they are doing is illegal! I will be on the next class action lawsuit against them. They have no right to hold our paid phones hostage! We own the device, not Them! This is completely unexceptable behavior for any company to take away the rights of their customers!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@rperry22 wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I believe what they are doing is illegal! I will be on the next class action lawsuit against them. They have no right to hold our paid phones hostage! We own the device, not Them! This is completely unexceptable behavior for any company to take away the rights of their customers!

The Supreme Court says you can't sue.   ATT will unlock any phone it can once the phone is paid off and account in good standing.   This means if you leave ATT, you have to have a $0 balance.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same problem I owe a bill and they locked my iPhone (formally owned and used on Verizon service) so att owns it in no fashion and never has😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.