Need help understanding your bill?
framarisa12's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 29th, 2012 3:14 PM

apple online store x cancellation or delay in activation

Hello, 

Last week I ordered an iPhone 4 taking advantage of the Apple online store 2yr contract and you get the phone for free.  The estimated delivery date is Tuesday. I found out that I have to be out of the country for at least 4 months. I leave Tuesday morning and the device will probably arrive here after I leave. Questions: 

1) What happens if I don't activate the phone within 30 days? I'll be out of the country for work and there are no provisions for my case since I'm not in the military. 

2) If my account gets cancelled because I didn't activate,  who do I return the phone to? Apple or AT&T? Or do I keep it? I would certainly like to keep the phone and the service but I would only be use once I return. 

Thanks for your help. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

12 years ago

@framarisa12 wrote:

Hello, 

Last week I ordered an iPhone 4 taking advantage of the Apple online store 2yr contract and you get the phone for free.  The estimated delivery date is Tuesday. I found out that I have to be out of the country for at least 4 months. I leave Tuesday morning and the device will probably arrive here after I leave. Questions: 

1) What happens if I don't activate the phone within 30 days? I'll be out of the country for work and there are no provisions for my case since I'm not in the military. 

2) If my account gets cancelled because I didn't activate,  who do I return the phone to? Apple or AT&T? Or do I keep it? I would certainly like to keep the phone and the service but I would only be use once I return. 

Thanks for your help. 

If you don't activate within 30 days, I believe you own the phone, but will owe the full (no-contract) purchase price. Is there anyone who can pick up the package for you and return the device?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

The best bet is to have the device returned without opening the package, have some one there to receive the package, then take it directly to the post office and return it to the sender, make sure to get all documentation for the return including the return tracking number (Very Important), that will cancel the order and the account, then when you return you can order a new phone and get it and use it normally.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you very much for your help. I decided to contact Apple, return my phone and restart service as soon as I'm back in the country.  

You have a great week,. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.