Need help understanding your bill?
nuffalready's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Thursday, June 7th, 2018 9:28 PM

YIKES!! $5mo. Legacy Plan rate increase

If you are affected by the up coming $5/mo increase for "Legacy Un-limited Data Plan", how do you feel about that?

I'm reaching for my contract that guarantees me unlimited data to see why ATT thinks it can dishonor my contract:(

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I ran out of space so had to modify the content. I’ll look up the specifics of it and get back to you with a breakdown. It’s far less than most would pay from what a few friends have been vocal about or if you walked in the door to get a plan today. Buts that’s mainly because I’ve had no reason to change the core features of the plan or wanted to add a line or other features which would loose the core of my plan resulting. In not having a grandfathered plan. Plus the promotions I’ve added when advertised and the discount because of my job

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Can you add lines? I have this plan too, but I took off my ex’s line and I have just one. I’m not sure if it’s worthwhile w one phone 

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

New lines are added on as a separate new plan, and billed through the same account. That's when you get to see how much better our older plan is.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@nuffalreadyi that is completely false. On the newer plans lines are $20 or $30. On the plan you are on lines are $10 plus your data plan (usually $30 or more) 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous I believe he means new lines can’t be added to his grandfathered plan which may be true, so if he adds lines to his account, they are added as a new plan.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@sandblaster I don't think so. He says his older plan is better because he doesn't have to have them added as a separate plan 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I’m not sure if it’s a better deal with only me on it. Years ago, I was told I couldn’t add another line to the grandfathered unlimited data. Just wondering if I should update w another contract, Bc I’m not sure how all it’s beneficial having a family (unlimited) plan w just me.

Should I get a new contract or stay?

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you have a "family plan" for just one line you are almost assuredly throwing money away holding onto the older plan. And getting less for. Your money 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Kirkules wrote:
I’m not sure if it’s a better deal with only me on it. Years ago, I was told I couldn’t add another line to the grandfathered unlimited data.
That’s true.  ATT won’t let new lines on the old plan.  
Just wondering if I should update w another contract, Bc I’m not sure how all it’s beneficial having a family (unlimited) plan w just me.

Should I get a new contract or stay?   Pardon?   Do you mean ‘change plans’.  

You don’t have a contract.   No one does.   The only obligation you can possibly have is a Next agreement to buy a phone.  ATT allows customers to keep the PLAN they chose as long as they like, but they can change the price of the plan as we now see.  

All carriers have gone ‘no service contract”.   You have always been able to switch plans at any time.  Once you switch, you may not be able to switch back if a plan no longer is available 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@melinda24 wrote:

Another increase for the grandfathered unlimited data plans is SIMPLY RIDICULOUS.  The intent is to get us to give it up and get one of the newer plans.  But why stick it to the most loyal ATT customers?  I am so mad I am thinking about switching carriers now, not plans.  The only reason we stay with ATT is because of this unlimited data plan, and the new plans are not the same thing and do indeed cost more.  I also resent a ONE MONTH notice.  It is going up next month!  Thanks for the heads up on June 7th.  ATT is just the worst, horrible customer service, worse coverage than other companies and now yet another price increase for their most loyal customers.  Thanks but no thanks.  I am seriously unhappy.

If they have horrible customer service and worse coverage, why have you stayed?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.