Need help understanding your bill?
Jgovea100's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, August 10th, 2018 7:02 PM

Worst Customer Care

Last night (8/9) I called customer care to ask why my bill had increased so much. I changed our service to unlimited data and was told the bill would go down by $45. Instead it went up $75. She explained that the change was made in the middle of the billing cycle. I asked why this information was not disclosed to me when I made the change. She couldn't answer that, when I asked what she could do about helping out she told me absolutely nothing can be done. And nothing would be done due to the fact that the charges are valid. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she would have one call. 

The supervisor, Davida, called back and I asked her the same thimgs. She said she would talk to her rep and "educate" her on what to say. She told me that I was not "educated" and that the charges are valid and she would do nothing to help. Both reps were very rude, unapologetic and not what I would expect from this company. I have been with ATT for 20 years, am a veteran of the US military and get treated like I'm below them. 

So, since the first rep didn't "educate" me on what my new charges were truly  going to be we will be leaving ATT for another service. And since the 2nd rep and supervisor were so rude I will be filing a formal complaint with the BBB.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Jgovea100

You can call or chat.  

However.... the only price ATT will honor on the plans are the ones published on the website. It that is the price you got, then they won’t change it.  You can request you old plan back based on being mislead. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Jgovea100 wrote:

Last night (8/9) I called customer care to ask why my bill had increased so much. I changed our service to unlimited data and was told the bill would go down by $45. Instead it went up $75. She explained that the change was made in the middle of the billing cycle. I asked why this information was not disclosed to me when I made the change. She couldn't answer that, when I asked what she could do about helping out she told me absolutely nothing can be done. And nothing would be done due to the fact that the charges are valid. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she would have one call. 

The supervisor, Davida, called back and I asked her the same thimgs. She said she would talk to her rep and "educate" her on what to say. She told me that I was not "educated" and that the charges are valid and she would do nothing to help. Both reps were very rude, unapologetic and not what I would expect from this company. I have been with ATT for 20 years, am a veteran of the US military and get treated like I'm below them. 

So, since the first rep didn't "educate" me on what my new charges were truly  going to be we will be leaving ATT for another service. And since the 2nd rep and supervisor were so rude I will be filing a formal complaint with the BBB.

Changing to a lower priced plan in the middle of a billing cycle won't make the bill higher. In fact, it would make the bill lower than bill received in the future. 

If you're leaving AT&T, there's no point in filing a BBB complaint. All that does is get you contact from the office of the president. If you're no longer a customer, there's nothing they can do for you. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

You say my bill should have been lower even though I switched in the middle of a cycle. My bill went up more than she said it would go down. I dont know why the rep and supervisor refused to work with me and just kept making me feel like it was my fault.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Interesting how nobody from the US ATT has contacted me about this issue at all. It would really be nice if this were an actual place where we could get complaints resolved. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

It seems unlikely unlimited data decreased the bill.  Unless you had a HUGE plan before the switch.

Employer discounts/FAN discounts cannot be usedon unlimited data plans.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Where can one file a formal complaint?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

That’s actually not true. I had the price for my wireless bill changed after spending half a day being passed around to different “supervisors” and though in the end they did finally lower my bill, it was for that month only. This month I have the same issue and I was promised this wouldn’t happen. Such a pain in the butt and the customer care is extremely rude. They won’t give you records of your online chats or phone conversations. Worst part is my service is so terrible whenever I have to be on the phone with them (or anyone at all)  I have to go outside because if I’m inside I will sound like I’m breaking up or the call will get dropped. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Trayol wrote:

That’s actually not true. I had the price for my wireless bill changed after spending half a day being passed around to different “supervisors” and though in the end they did finally lower my bill, it was for that month only.

So explain what wasn’t true?   Prices are per the plan you signed up for, which may not be what your expectations were.  

This month I have the same issue and I was promised this wouldn’t happen.

Because cost reverted to published prices?   And now it’s a month later and you got a credit for agreeing to keep the plan.  

Such a pain in the butt and the customer care is extremely rude. They won’t give you records of your online chats or phone conversations.

Those are internal, no they are not for you.  

Worst part is my service is so terrible whenever I have to be on the phone with them (or anyone at all)  I have to go outside because if I’m inside I will sound like I’m breaking up or the call will get dropped. 

So turn WiFi calling on each phone, buy a cell booster, or shop for another carrier.  

If you switched for a phone deal, it’s not a deal if phones cannot connect.  Choose a carrier for coverage first.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I tried to switch providers. I would have to break my contract and purchase a new phone. I’m still paying off the phone I have now. I tried to get in touch with customer care today they said they would call me in 20-30 min.  They never called. And the conversations ARE for me they are not internal. There is an option to have a transcript emailed to you. When you select that it emails you a broken link. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Trayol wrote:

I tried to switch providers. I would have to break my contract and purchase a new phone.

You do not have a service contract.  Your obligation (0 interest loan) is to pay for your phones.   

I’m still paying off the phone I have now. I tried to get in touch with customer care today they said they would call me in 20-30 min.  They never called.

They don’t call back.  

And the conversations ARE for me they are not internal.

Recorded calls are internal only.

There is an option to have a transcript emailed to you. When you select that it emails you a broken link. 

If you ask for a chat transcript, they email the full chat.  There is no transcript of voice calls, which is why the link is non functional.   Many choose CHAT specifically so they have a record.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.