Need help understanding your bill?
davidg4781's profile

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

Thursday, November 7th, 2013 8:02 AM

Why is my new line showing as suspended?

Alright, I finally switched over to AT&T from Sprint.  Hopefully I made a good choice.  I do have some questions...

We're porting our lines over.  One at a time since some are out of town and others want an iPhone.  We did my mom's first today.  She got the Galaxy S4 and should've got the free Galaxy Tab 3 to go along with it.  They were out in the store but they said they could order one and we could pick it up later.  

Sounded good so we completed the order.  I came home and set up the online account access.   Now that line the Tab is on is showing as suspended.  I tried calling Customer Care 3 times and no one was able to really help.  The 1st and 3rd said I had not accepted the T&C.  1st call got d/c.  3rd call put me through the process and he was supposed to stay on the line with me.  The call said I needed to have my device with me.  I asked if all this is because it's on order.  He never answered.  The automated system hung up on me.  This was at 9:58pm.

2nd guy had no clue what was going on in life.

My main concern is I don't want to lose out on the free Tab.  If it's just because it's in transit, fine.  Can anyone maybe confirm this is the case?  

Good thing is they're pretty quick to answer the phone.  Usually when I've called in the past the wait time is unbearable. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

78 Messages

10 years ago

If this is for the line for the tablet: you will receive instructions when you receive the device. You have not yet accepted the t/c (terms and conditions) because you do that once the device is in your posession. When you get the tablet make sure you have the phone number associated with the tablet and dial '*862' from your cellphone. Enter the phone number for the tablet when instructed and follow the voice prompts. Once thispprocess is completed the line will show active and you'll be all set.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

I'm almost positive it's showing as suspended because the device is not yet activated...which makes sense because you've not yet received it.

To confirm, you can send a private message to Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Awesome, thanks everyone!  This sounds like it's the case here.  The Tab is being sent to the store so they should activate it when my mom picks it up. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.