Need help understanding your bill?
colleenc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 7:40 PM

Why is it taking so long to have my wireless services repaired?

My wireless service stopped working (bills paid, so not that). I depend on my wireless services to work from home on my desktop Mac (so no mobility to a coffee shop plus security issues). In addition my TV doesn't work because it is based on wireless. 

Standard rebooting procedures failed. A technician was requested and I was told it would be a week before they could repair my service. A week!!!!!

Why is this?

Poor management? Not enough service technicians on staff? In Silicon Valley?

It is simply poor customer service!

When the technician does arrive, I will ask for any redundant service that is available, because I can not AFFORD to wait 7 days for service. 

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @colleenc,

Sorry to read of your loss of service and experience. Our agents to attempt to give our members the soonest appointment available. At times our appointments can fill and push out appointment dates. You can check here to see if sooner appointments are available. 

If you do not see anything sooner, please let us know. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I received an automatically-generated follow up to to my original message, so I'm going to respond...

Sorry no. It was pretty much of a non-answer. In fact the technicians who were scheduled to show up yesterday, never called or showed. 9 days and counting. 

I ordered a new modem and when installed it didn't seem to make a difference, still no wireless service.

However the after 6 days the wireless service started working more often. Now it is apparently working full time.

But why?

The service reappeared as mysteriously as it disappeared. So we are left with a mystery and a worry that the wireless blackout will reoccur. 

Here's a thought. Customers don't pay much notice when things are working well, which is normal human behavior, however, when things go wrong a customer is completely focused on the issue and the company. This would be the best time for a company to shine. Say, by providing solutions quickly and efficiently. This would mean better management. For instance being able to ramp up the numbers of technicians as needed. Customers would then be more likely to compliment the company rather than complain as I have been driven to do by the unreasonably long lag time between customer request for service and repair. Communication is also key and I don't mean just auto replies. BTW: the customer services representatives based in Europe were stellar. They sincerely tried to help. But their hands were tied by the lack of cooperation from stateside. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.