Need help understanding your bill?
jgaulke13's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 6th, 2014 9:12 PM

Why does ATT say they care about customers when they don't anymore.

I have been running in to many problems with ATT lately and while the live chat says they care I couldn't agree less.  First off I was moving a month ago and wanted to get uverse.  I was told on multiple occasions that it was not available in my apartment even though other units in the same building had it.  This forced me to go to Time Warner to receive my tv and Internet service which I didn't want.  It also meant that I could not receive any of the bonuses that ATT was offering such as the $200 Reward Card and the free installation.  Less than a week after I moved I than get something in my mail saying I could now get uverse.  So in the month prior when I wanted to get it, it wasn't available but now it is. I find that hard to believe. 

Than I found out I get a 25% discount from my employer with att.  However because of how my phone bill is set up I can only get that off the Data package.  My phone bill is $130 a month and I can only get $10 off of it.  Even with my discount it is looking like it is cheaper to go with Sprint.  After 12 years of being with ATT, I am actually considering leaving.

And lately, as if I wasn't upset already, There is no way to just email customer service to keep my issues private and find a way to solve them.  My options were to live chat, which the people over the last three times ive used it have just been absolutely garbage.  Long waits between replies and no answers.  The only way to complain is to post on here, and I already feel I will not get any results.  How hard is it to have an email for people to send to.  I dont have time to sit on the phone or on this live chat. 

I have just about given up on a company that I have not had any problems with for the past 12 years from when they were cingular.  I guess they just don't care about their loyal customers any more

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, jgaulke13!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experiences. We would be happy to review your account and explore your U-verse options as well as any discounts available through your employer, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I have been withem since Cingular as well about 22 or 24 years actually but I have just went through the same issue 8 calls a 4 page long 2hr chat all with no results. I even was told 2 times their care center would call me in 1 to 3 days...NOT! once did they call. I found out today, 8 days later they closed the complaint in the care center the same day I called without telling me. No email, text, call, nothing. AT&T is the sorst and I have had issues in the past just they were resolved with in reason so I stayed, but there are to many other options out here and will be leaving as well.

Good Luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.