For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
MJB0188's profile

Scholar

• 

191 Messages

Thursday, July 17th, 2014 12:20 AM

Why does AT&T still throttle legacy smartphone unlimited plans?

I could somewhat understand this 2-3 years ago; however, how many people could still have the plan where it would seriously impact AT&T's network?  I have unlimited and each month I find myself using my phone less to conserve data usage.  We should not have to monitor our usage and should be able to freely use our smartphones.   

I would like to know if AT&T plans on either:  lowering the cost of these plans, or letting users use as much as they want (hence the unlimited) because I feel like $30 should get me unlimited usuage like it did years ago.  

The real question is... how many smartphone unlimited users are on AT&T in July 2014?  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

10 years ago

Can we add you get what you pay for?

I spent years listening to my sister complain about her service. her budget has always been tight and they used cheaper plans while I was on the best network (the V word).
AT&T has improved its service and is a close, not distant second choice now. There are still areas where my service falters, but not as much as the cheaper carriers.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

So, when someone says:

"The throttleing is because the unlimited data users what to use much more than they pay for, and you probably don't feel it right for you to have to pay higher rates so someone else can get more free service do you?"

He is saying that unlimited users are not paying for what they use.  This is the definition of stealing.  Look it up ... in a dictionary... I'll wait.

What do you call someone who steals?  Look it up... in a dictionary... I'll wait.

Now, go pick up your rolling eyes.  I didn't put words in anyone's mouth.  They were his own words.

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

Back in the day my Mom told me that you never bring up politics or religion in a polite conversation because people tend to get upset over those topics.  I think we can revise that list to include unlimited data plans.  Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.