Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why did I recieve this?

Contributor

Why did I recieve this?

I received an AT&T credit score of 307 but I never applied for a credit card and only use a debit card for any purchases. I don't even have any services from AT&T under my name. I also tried to look up the reference number and the order number but nothing was found

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Why did I recieve this?

How did you receive it? I’ve never heard of an ATT credit score or if such a thing exists, ATT sharing it with anyone. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert

@isaac153968  Unless you have a AT&T branded credit card from CitiBank that offers free credit scores (like many credit cards are offering), I don't know where that would be coming from.  Nothing to do with a wireless (celllar) account as far as I know.

If you don't have once of those, it sounds kind of scammy...

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

I received a letter that thanked me for applying for "AT&T communications
or entertainment services/products". There's also no contact information
anywhere.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Expert

I received a letter that thanked me for applying for "AT&T communications
or entertainment services/products".

What's thre return e-mail address?

FYI, that sounded familar so I did a search 

See this post: https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account/Received-letter-but-never-applied/m-p/5786379#M288150

No solution, but I asked for an update...

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

No return information, only says Carol Stream IL 60197-5093. Other than that no way to reply. 

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

@isaac153968 wrote:

No return information, only says Carol Stream IL 60197-5093. Other than that no way to reply. 

Ahhh!  I thought you got it by e-mail.

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Master

@isaac153968 wrote:

I received an AT&T credit score of 307 but I never applied for a credit card and only use a debit card for any purchases. I don't even have any services from AT&T under my name. I also tried to look up the reference number and the order number but nothing was found

It's possible that that is an internal number AT&T uses to score potential cell phone customers, so someone might have tried to open an AT&T account using your info. 

Keep an eye your credit report. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support