For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
isaac153968's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 11th, 2019 9:37 PM

Why did I recieve this?

I received an AT&T credit score of 307 but I never applied for a credit card and only use a debit card for any purchases. I don't even have any services from AT&T under my name. I also tried to look up the reference number and the order number but nothing was found

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

How did you receive it? I’ve never heard of an ATT credit score or if such a thing exists, ATT sharing it with anyone. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@isaac153968  Unless you have a AT&T branded credit card from CitiBank that offers free credit scores (like many credit cards are offering), I don't know where that would be coming from.  Nothing to do with a wireless (celllar) account as far as I know.

If you don't have once of those, it sounds kind of scammy...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I received a letter that thanked me for applying for "AT&T communications
or entertainment services/products". There's also no contact information
anywhere.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

I received a letter that thanked me for applying for "AT&T communications
or entertainment services/products".

What's thre return e-mail address?

FYI, that sounded familar so I did a search 

See this post: https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account/Received-letter-but-never-applied/m-p/5786379#M288150

No solution, but I asked for an update...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

No return information, only says Carol Stream IL 60197-5093. Other than that no way to reply. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@isaac153968 wrote:

No return information, only says Carol Stream IL 60197-5093. Other than that no way to reply. 

Ahhh!  I thought you got it by e-mail.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@isaac153968 wrote:

I received an AT&T credit score of 307 but I never applied for a credit card and only use a debit card for any purchases. I don't even have any services from AT&T under my name. I also tried to look up the reference number and the order number but nothing was found

It's possible that that is an internal number AT&T uses to score potential cell phone customers, so someone might have tried to open an AT&T account using your info. 

Keep an eye your credit report. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.