Need help understanding your bill?
Relenned's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 29th, 2013 5:06 AM

Why can't I register?

I've been hours trying to register! I belong to a family plan but am not the one that gets the bill. Still, it won't let me register at all. This is the most frustrating site I have ever been on!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

Actually, I believe the account holder would need to go into their Online Account to change the name for your caller ID.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

you are correct, only the primary account holder or some one that is authorized can change this. It can take a while for it to cycle through the system of all the carriers though

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Relenned wrote:

I've been hours trying to register! I belong to a family plan but am not the one that gets the bill. Still, it won't let me register at all. This is the most frustrating site I have ever been on!

What are you trying to "register" for, and where are you trying to do it?

Is there a particular issue you need help with?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I became a member of a family plan and was told to register to change my caller I'd name and check my usage

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Relenned wrote:
I became a member of a family plan and was told to register to change my caller I'd name and check my usage

Ah, I think I see now. Let me see if I can get someone over here to help you out with this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Actually, I believe the account holder would need to go into their Online Account to change the name for your caller ID.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@Dcookie wrote:

you are correct, only the primary account holder or some one that is authorized can change this. It can take a while for it to cycle through the system of all the carriers though

Thanks, I believe that's how I changed 2 of the 3 of ours but it's been awhile and yes, it does take a few days or so before you'll see the change. 

Thanks for confirming, wingrider. 😉

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

You beat me to it. As the account holder on our family plan, I've had to change my kids settings when ever they upgraded their phones. They just call me for my login info and take it from there.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

@Dcookie wrote:

You beat me to it. As the account holder on our family plan, I've had to change my kids settings when ever they upgraded their phones. They just call me for my login info and take it from there.

Well, I just happened to be lurking when CJ posted this. Otherwise, I'm usually a penny short and a day late. 😉

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How can I get my account number whenever it won't let me register for the att app and I AM the account owner
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.