Why can't AT&T have a separate list of cell phones NOT requiring a data plan on this website?

Contributor

Why can't AT&T have a separate list of cell phones NOT requiring a data plan on this website?

Many people on fixed incomes want just a good dependable cell phone without a data plan requirement. Why can't AT&T provide a list of the cell phones available for such plans and real customer reviews of those phones? I want a very sturdy cellphone with low radiation and good battery life that provides the widest range possible. I can't find such a simple description on any of the phones on this site.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Why can't AT&T have a separate list of cell phones NOT requiring a data plan on this website

deer_tracker42 wrote:

Many people on fixed incomes want just a good dependable cell phone without a data plan requirement. Why can't AT&T provide a list of the cell phones available for such plans and real customer reviews of those phones? I want a very sturdy cellphone with low radiation and good battery life that provides the widest range possible. I can't find such a simple description on any of the phones on this site.

they do - none of these phones require a data plan

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/quickmessagingphones.html

if you click on one of the phones it will show and customer reviews - in the case of this phone there are 28 reviews written by users of the phone

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/lg/xpression-red.html#fbid=KZJva6M7zcBtab4

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Community Support

Re: Why can't AT&T have a separate list of cell phones NOT requiring a data plan on this website

Thank you @wingrider for providing the link.

@deer_tracker42 you can also visit http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices.html#fbid=hr16UTyBOT0 and click on Quick Messaging devices. This will provide you with a list of phones that are not smartphones and do not require a data plan. 

Hope this helps! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4

Fixed income? I'm so glad I'm not on a fixed income, since my income is unlimited... ya know..

How to view devices that do not require data plans:

Go to www.att.com

ClickShop

ClickQuick Messaging

Underneith+Filter by Style

Select Basic Phones (no data plan required)

SelectQuick Messaging

Software development
Mobile software development
WiFi security
Graphic design
3D animation
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support