Need help understanding your bill?
idealboy89's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, March 21st, 2016 12:00 AM

Why can't AT&T change the shipping address on my order, when the phone has actually not even shipped

I placed an order for a brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 Active cellphone along with a Samsung Gear S2 smart watch. I accidentally gave my address instead of my cousins address where it was supposed to be shipped. Now, AT&T wouldn't allow me to change my shipping address. Why are the company policies so stringent that it can't even allow a change in shipping address, that too when the order has even shipped? Instead they are asking me to not open the door when the delivery guy arrives and later work with the shipping company to ship it from their storage house to the new address. How unprofessional is it for a cellular giant like AT&T to ask a customer to do that?

The solution is completely illogical and workflow is so poorly managed.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Due to previous fraudulent orders shipped to the thieves address, ATT will ONLY ship the device to the address of record. It is for your protection.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Well the protection isn't helping me. There can be a better way to handle this. Like a 2 step verifcation or something. Seriously disappointed. 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Not possible. An order will ship to the billing address on file and that's it. If your information has been compromised and someone was able to order 4 phones and ship somehwere else...then you'd be pleased that this system is in place. Because they can't have them shipped somewhere else.

It's the only option and will remain as such. Protections are in place to prevent account hijacks from resulting in equipment being ordered.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

May be the system is doing its job right. But, it certainly at the cost of the convenience of the customer. Anyways, if the company is deaf to customer requests, I really have nothing to add here. There can be so many solutions to this problem. It's just that the company needs to accept one of them to ensure protection for the customers while also making sure that they are flexible to customer requests. In spite of being a genuine customer, it's always been hard dealing with the level of hurdles that AT&T creates under the pretext of "company policy". There are tons of companies and even banks out there that have well designed systems to provide security while also providing great deal of convenience for their customers. Just saying.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Try calling your bank and having a replacement debit card sent to a 3rd party address that they have no record of. Doubt you can do it. And if you can, I'd be changing banks.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@idealboy89

Its easy to complain about inconvenience when you haven't had to worry about fraud like these folks....

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/Fraud/m-p/4159760#M88889

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account-Questions/Fraud/m-p/4291149#M217473

https://forums.att.com/t5/Online-Account-Access/Online-account-hack-fraud-via-AT-amp-T-Next-Fraud-department/m-p/4286545#M42662

Most of these are older posts, they predate ATT's new security measures.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I was getting email for some one else customer service could not help.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Not shipped except to billing or shipping address on record. Not true as I just posted a story about how does AT&T ship 5 phones to an address over 200 miles away. Especially with all the phones i have purchased over the past 20 + years (cingular day) and shipped to my home I have lived in for 30 years.

So to say they wont ship anywhere else is simply not true. Someone can hack into your account and buy phones and have them shipped elswhere and AT&T does not question it. A text stating they were questioning this order please call, would of be nice

Mason

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My phone was shipped to the wrong address and they won’t allow me to change it. So I’m currently sitting outside a house where my phone was actually shipped to. Creepy but nothing else I can do. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I ordered an phone and service am a new customer since the 25th of June and I still have not received the phone when it said would be shipped the 26th but yet status still says in process and I contacted AT&T online customer service and was only told I would receive the phone 26th and did not still says in process and called them back and was told was told the order is still in process and under review and asked what that meant and was told couldn’t tell me yet the money I had to have down for the phone was put into my bank account and paid and was taking out of my bank account and still no changes in the process.. why is that ??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.