Helpful Links

Why are you doing this?

Highlighted
Contributor

Why are you doing this?

I have been a happy AT&T customer for about 7 years. I have been happy with the service, I planned on keeping my unlimited plan for life. I recommended your service to others. Now my bill has gone up 30% in less than a year. That's how I'm repaid for being a loyal customer? I can only assume this is about money. Therefore you are forcing me to take my money elsewhere.
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Why are you doing this?

@Pcpac1 wrote:
I have been a happy AT&T customer for about 7 years. I have been happy with the service, I planned on keeping my unlimited plan for life. I recommended your service to others. Now my bill has gone up 30% in less than a year. That's how I'm repaid for being a loyal customer? I can only assume this is about money. 

It's not less than a year.

Because you were a loyal customer you were able to keep that plan that was canceled 5 or 6 years ago.

Somehow it didn't go up in price until recently (Verizon went fro $30 to $50 14 months ago) even though newer phones eat more data and we use them way differently, plus the network has gone from 3G to LTE...

Yes, of course it's about money, they likely are NOT making enough money on these plans, if they were, they would offer them to everyone (right?).

They weren't making enough when they were 3G plans, of course they aren't making enough on LTE phones...

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 2 of 6
    ACE - Expert

Everything else costs more.   This plan hasn't made a profit in years.  ATT had to either terminate or raise the price to be in line with similar plans.

Either you use it and it's worth it, or ATT wants you to give it up.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 3 of 6
    ACE - Expert

Pcpac1 wrote:
    I have been a happy AT&T customer for about 7 years. I have been happy with the service, I planned on keeping my unlimited plan for life. I recommended your service to others. Now my bill has gone up 30% in less than a year. That's how I'm repaid for being a loyal customer? I can only assume this is about money. Therefore you are forcing me to take my money elsewhere.

All ATT is doing is bringing there old unlimited data plans in line with the cost of the new ones with DTV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 4 of 6
    Contributor

Hello I've with ATT since 1996, if you think you're not getting anything try this- I had to call Corporate office due to all the terrible service between Direct TV, Secure Home & cellular services. I will NEVER recommend ATT to anyone.
    Message 5 of 6
    ACE - Expert

TWENTY years?

@Terrible1 wrote:
    Hello I've with ATT since 1996, if you think you're not getting anything try this- I had to call Corporate office due to all the terrible service between Direct TV, Secure Home & cellular services. I will NEVER recommend ATT to anyone.

Why have you stayed 20 years???

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 6 of 6
    Share this topic
    Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support